cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Credit Cleanup - Solid history but some older lates, advice welcome!

tag
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Credit Cleanup - Solid history but some older lates, advice welcome!

RobertEG, responses:

1. EX and TU report that it will not be reported after april and june of this year. EQ DOFD is july 2004, so it should fall off after 7 years of that date. This debt appeared once before a couple years ago and I disputed the CRA and it was removed.

2. I'm going to try and GW that one...it was originally a Conseco account...I'm pissed they didn't give me a chance to pay it up before 60 days late, since I was the co-signer.

3. My count is because of the student loan situation - they are billed as one, but reported separately. Thus one 30 day late gets reported as 3. Sucks.

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 11 of 13
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Well, got the expected back from WF today, they are required to report accurately...now what. Pick another address to send the same letter to? Start disputing?

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 12 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When a CRA projects deletion, or actually does a CR deletion, of a CA is their internal business.  It is not regulated under the FCRA, period, until it exceeds the statutory period set forth in FCRA 605(a)(4), as modified by FCRA 605(c).

That date is one, single date-certain.  It is your DOFD, plus 180-days, plus 7-years.

If your DOFD is actually 7/2004, then you have no dispute of continued CR inclusion until such time as you can show that the CRA is continuing to include this CA in credit reports they have issued  after 1/2012. 

Part of what many debt collectors assert as their obligation to report accurately is not to delete prior, accurate reporting.  That is based on  their reporting agreements with the CRAs, which expressly state that prior, accurate reporting is NOT to be deleted based on payment of the debt.  It is hard to argue against this assertion, and certainly is not something you can dispute under the FCRA.

It is a legitmate response they can make to any GW or PFD request for CR deletion.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.