cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Credit Rebuilding Diary (missindependent)

tag
missindependent
Contributor

My Credit Rebuilding Diary (missindependent)

CURRENT SCORE: 586

Just logged into MyFico and found out that my Experian score went up 33 points today. I paid a Capital One charge off and cleared all of my balances one month ago. Capital One hasn't updated my charged off balance yet. I will follow up with them. For some reason the charge off shows as an open account? I read somewhere that paying the debt collectors might cause additional short term damage? I hope not.

I am going to draft a GW letter this week because the CapOne chargeoff is the only negative item on my credit report (18 lates) and it's killing my score. 

Equifax /Transunion didn’t include my new CreditOne account as a tradeline yet. I expect an update soon and will follow up if need be.

I now have a CreditOne and a First Premier credit card. I will use these tradelines sparingly. I received a CLI in the amount of $100 from CreditOne a couple days ago. 

I'm waiting for a response from Comenity. I applied for an Express Next card. It dinged my Equifax by a couple points. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I would like to hit 650+ across the board by July. 

AMEX PRG (NPSL), Citi Double Cash ($1200), BECU ($1000), Barney's ($1000), Bloomingdales Store Card ($1000), Neiman Marcus ($700), Macy's Store Card ($600), Amazon Rewards Visa Card, ($500), Capital One Platinum ($500), Capital One QuicksilverOne ($500)

Starting Score: 543
Current Score: EX:649 EQ: 657 TU:661
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Good luck to all of our myFICO Fitness Challengers!
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Credit Rebuilding Diary (missindependent)

@missindependent wrote:

CURRENT SCORE: 586

Just logged into MyFico and found out that my Experian score went up 33 points today. I paid a Capital One charge off and cleared all of my balances one month ago. Capital One hasn't updated my charged off balance yet. I will follow up with them. For some reason the charge off shows as an open account? I read somewhere that paying the debt collectors might cause additional short term damage? I hope not. If its been reporting monthly then there will not be additional damage as your Fico has already taken the hit, you might even see a rise in score since it will change your utilization percentages.

I am going to draft a GW letter this week because the CapOne chargeoff is the only negative item on my credit report (18 lates) and it's killing my score. 

Equifax /Transunion didn’t include my new CreditOne account as a tradeline yet. I expect an update soon and will follow up if need be.

I now have a CreditOne and a First Premier credit card. I will use these tradelines sparingly. I received a CLI in the amount of $100 from CreditOne a couple days ago. 

I'm waiting for a response from Comenity. I applied for an Express Next card. It dinged my Equifax by a couple points. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I would like to hit 650+ across the board by October. 

You want one more bankcard and I would go with a secured.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Secured-Cards-Database/td-p/3846302

Message 2 of 58
missindependent
Contributor

Does it matter how much money I put down?

AMEX PRG (NPSL), Citi Double Cash ($1200), BECU ($1000), Barney's ($1000), Bloomingdales Store Card ($1000), Neiman Marcus ($700), Macy's Store Card ($600), Amazon Rewards Visa Card, ($500), Capital One Platinum ($500), Capital One QuicksilverOne ($500)

Message 3 of 58
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@missindependent wrote:

Does it matter how much money I put down?

No

Message 4 of 58
missindependent
Contributor

My Transunion score just went up 25 points and hit 588. Yay Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 58
missindependent
Contributor

Yesterday, I mailed a GW letter to Capital One. Hoping for the best. Doing something is better than nothing.

Message 6 of 58
missindependent
Contributor

Oh, and Comenity denied me. They have a bizarre scoring system. No worries I don't shop there anyway.

Message 7 of 58
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@missindependent wrote:

Grats Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 58
missindependent
Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@missindependent wrote:

Grats Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Message 9 of 58
missindependent
Contributor

Doing my happy dance at the moment. My Experian score just shot up 65 points. From 555 to 620 in one month. A big thank you to the myFICO community!!! I still have a long way to go. I'm waiting for Equifax and Transunion to report my decreased balance on a current card. I left $3.00 on my POS First Premier card. I'm also waiting for the paid in full Capital One charge off balance to reflect on all three reports.

Off to work I go Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.