Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Credit Repair Journal

tag
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Credit Repair Journal

4th statement just posted on my Cap One "Credit Steps" Card.

CL increased from $300 to $750, and will increase to $1,000 three statements from now.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 21 of 54
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@PayingTheBills wrote:

4th statement just posted on my Cap One "Credit Steps" Card.

CL increased from $300 to $750, and will increase to $1,000 three statements from now.

That's sweet!!  I love CLI's!  I got a total of $2900 cli on 3 cards since around memorial day!!  woop woop!!! I wish those last 2 would hurry up & update!!!! 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 22 of 54
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Thanks for the updates!  I really enjoy reading your successes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Keep up the good work!

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 54
Izaana
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Definitely watch out for NCO Financial.  I sent them a PFD letter, and then about a week later I disputed their collection through EQ.

The dispute came back 2 weeks later as having been removed.  It was also removed from my other 2 reports without me even disputing it with those CRAs.

It gets better.  About 3 weeks after that, I got a letter in the mail in response to my original PFD that said they cannot accept the PFD based on my conditions noted in the letter (PFD letter from this site.  Basically "delete this for $X and never report it again.")  I assume that they knew it was fraudulent because they pulled it off of every credit report 2 weeks after I disputed it, but obviously another person was responding to my PFD and still acting like it was legit.

I was harassed by them badly at home and at work. I used Krohn & Moss to sue them and won. I still owe the bill though now to Legal Recovery Law Office
Message 24 of 54
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

EQ FICO went up 1 ENTIRE POINT!

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 25 of 54
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

My SL interest rates went from 4.21% to 2.48%!!!  I knew rates were going to drop, but this is awesome!

This lowers my payment from $303 to $291.13.

I'll save $617.24 over the remaining 52 months!

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 26 of 54
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

I have been trying to rotate which one of my three CC's reports a balance of 1% each month.

this month my BoA CC and Target card both reported $0, and my Cap1 reported 1% yesterday, and my EQ FICO went up 3 points today along with my scorewatch alert that a balance had increased by $10.

635 to 638.

I'll take it. Smiley Happy

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 27 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just read through your journal PayingTheBills!

Thank you for sharing your journey with us - it helps (at least it helps me) to read others' success stories and to realize that this is a journey, not a race, and that there is hope.

I am just starting out, and any  success story - whether it be 1 point or 100 points really inspires me! Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 54
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

You can do it!  This site has been invaluable to me as I continue to repair/rebuild my credit. 

If you have any questions or anything, please feel free to send me a message and I'd be happy to help any way I can.  Also, the mods and members of this site are extremely knowledgable and helpful.  

Set small short term goals, and you'll be above 720 before you know it!

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 29 of 54
Desert-Rat
Regular Contributor

Your journal is awesome!  I really enjoyed reading it.

So many on this site could learn so much from this.

Great job!

D-R

Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.