Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Credit Repair Journal

tag
Gotons
Regular Contributor

Re: My Credit Repair Journal

Congrats on the big bump from the rehabbing of the Student Loans.  I'm hoping to go through the same thing in the next month or two.  I've got eight student loans, so I'm hoping for a nice little jump.  Was your jump from the rehab the 11/17/08 to 01/29/09 entry in your signature?
Message 41 of 54
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

sure was. that was the only real change.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 42 of 54
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

CC's, car loan, and SL balances updated for November. Smiley Happy

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 43 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, you're really on the ball on improving your credit. If only everyone were as diligent as you.

I had a high credit score just 5 years ago, over 750. But a bad marriage (which led to divorce), and bad financial decisions before and up to that brought my score down to 529 in the summer of 2008. Filed for BK in Nov 09, which brought my scores up somewhat.

So I'll have that on my record for 10 years and also medical collections from 2007 (which were paid, they refused to do a PFD--called it 'credit bartering'). But since discharge my credit has been perfect. 2000 credit limit with 19% utilization, and always pay my bills before their due.

Message 44 of 54
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

TU FICO Quarterly Monitoring just updated, went from a 644 to a 650! Woohoo!

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 45 of 54
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

TU FICO Quarterly Monitoring just updated, went from a 650 to a 669! Woohoo!

I also updated my first post with all new info. Check it out!

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 46 of 54
SunnyDaze77
Regular Contributor

GOOD JOB PAYING THE BILLS!!!  You have worked so hard and diligently on your CR--it's very encouraging and impressive!

I have a couple of questions...

1)  I am in the same boat on 5 of my SL's (ignoring them more than I should) and resulted in showing 120+ lates on each one on my credit report. I am currently in deferment and have been paying more than the mthly payment while in deferment and am showing current on on my CR at this time.  My question is , did your SL's default and then you checked into SL rehab?  I called Nelnet and asked them about SL rehab and they said they only do it on defaulted loans and since mine had not defaulted then I could not do SL rehab.  Not sure of the terms, but I think it defaults a year without payments and I was 8-9 months behind.  Does this sound right to you?  So you have a Nelnet contact name and number with whom you spoke with?

2)  I have 2 medical bills in collections but have been PAID in 2007.  If I read correctly, did you send HIPAA letters to your paid med collections as well?  I read on another thread that if you paid the CA then HIPAA won't work but if you paid the OC, then it would.  I paid the CA, did you pay the CA or OC?

Thanks for any help you can provide!!! =)

Starting Score: TU 543 EQ 570 (03/21/10)
Building Score: TU 641 EQ 629 EX 620 (11/06/11) Pulled Lender
Current Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EX 665 (04/23/12)
Goal Score: 720 Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 47 of 54
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

SunnyDaze77, 

1) Dont know enough about SL's, sorry.....maybe others will chime in for you.

2)I've read that also, that in order of the HIPAA process to work, the  OC would've had to been

paid instead of the CA. So i believe your last option you have is sending a GW letter to the CA.

Edit to add......Wow! want a journal PayingTheBills....You have done a great job paying those down.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 48 of 54
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys!

#1 I contacted NelNet, who directed me to GC Services, who set up the rehab program. Then my loans were picked up by Sallie Mae after rehab.

#2 I paid the OC.

Myfico.com got rid of all the good info on how to get these removed. I've found that persistence is the key, and a little bit of dumb luck. But I remember hearing what you're saying, that if you pay the CA, it won't work. Then you just have to GW the crap out of the CA.

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 49 of 54
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

I know I owe this journal an update, and I'll try to do that this week (we're in the middle of moving), but I just wanted to pop in and say that I got a CL increase on my Target Card, from $200 to $1,000! I must have heard a million times that Target just doesn't do CL increases, and I certainly didn't expect one or ask for one. Good news!

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.