Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Credit Repair Journey

tag
rdrarmy
Valued Member

My Credit Repair Journey

I would like some help and advice from all of you here on this forum who have had success with their credit repair journeys. My current credit situation isn't where I would like it to be. I got divorced in early 2012 and struggled paying some of my debt because I had to pay for spousal support among the other things I was responsible for (i.e. Mortgage, Car) so I had to prioritize which accounts I would pay on time and so forth. Long story short, the negative accounts I have are all from 2012 and I haven't had a late payment on any account since then. My goal is to raise my scores above the 700 mark for all three bureaus. As of 12 Jan 18 my current FICO Score 8 scores are as follow: Equifax - 631, Transunion - 666, Experian – 640. I have some baddies on my reports which I would also like to have removed from my reports but I don't know how to get this done. First I will list my baddies from all three bureaus and I will place the accounts with the corresponding bureaus that it is reporting under.

EQ - USAA Credit Card (Charge off, balance $5,711, expected fall off date of Jan 2019)

EQ, EX - USAA Car Loan (one - 30 day late payment Jan 2011, one - 30 day May 2011 and one-60 day Jun 2011, balance $0)

EQ, EX - Portfolio Recovery Associates (Collection from SYNCB/Walmart acct which has been paid in full)

EQ, Trans, EX - SYNCB/Walmart Credit Card (Charge off, balance $0, expected fall off date of Nov 2018)

EQ, Trans, EX- Bank of America Credit Card (Charge off, balance $3,234, expected fall off date of Jan 2019)

EQ, Trans, EX - Cap One (Charge off, balance $0, expected fall off date Dec 2018)

EQ, Trans, EX - Credit One Bank Credit Card (Charge off, balance $0, expected fall off date of Dec 2018)

EQ, Trans, EX - Cap One QS (one -30 day late payment Mar 2012, one -30 Jun 2011, one - 30 day Sep 2012, one - 60 day Oct 2012, balance $0, CL $2,150)

EQ, Trans, EX - Military Star Card (one - 30 day late payment Mar 2012, one - 30 day Sep 2012, balance $3,985, CL $4,200)

EQ, Trans, EX - Pioneer Loans (Original loan term was for 27 months, balance $0, was placed on 150 days late because loan was paid in full after 27 months)

Equifax - 14 Inquiries (10 of which are NFCU)

Transunion - 5 Inquiries

Experian - 4 Inquiries

Open Credit/Loan Accounts -

NFCU Signature Rewards (Opened in 2015, balance $5,830, CL $6,000, never late)

NFCO CLOC (Opened in 2015, balance $5,250, CL $6,000, never late)

NFCU Personal Loan (Opened in 2015, balance $9,482, never late)

NFCU Auto Loan (Opened Mar 2015, balance $21,705, never late)

Barclaycard Cash Forward (Opened in Sep 16, balance $0, CL $2,000, never late)

First National Credit Card (Opened 2014, balance $0, CL $1,850, never late)

SYNCB/HHGREG (Opened Aug 2016, balance $293, CL $1,500, never late)

Cap One Quick Silver (Opened in Oct 2006, balance $0, CL $2,150, four late payments in 2012, never late since then)

Military Star Card (Opened in 2005, balance $3,695, CL $4,200, four late payments in 2012, never late since then)

Four Navient Student Loans all of which are on deferment until 2031 (balance $12,393)

Two Fed Loan Servicing Student Loans which are on deferment until Nov 2018 (balance $4,401) 

So all in all I would like to hear your thoughts on a strategy and or course of action for which I can improve my scores and get rid of the collection and charge off accounts that are affecting my scores without having to wait on their falloff dates. And if it’s worth it to try and request a CLI on my NFCU CC or CLOC. I look forward to hear from you all.

FICO 8 Starting Score: (2 DEC 17)

FICO 8 Current Score: (27 JAN 21)

FICO 8 Goal Score:

Hover over my cards to see my limits and utilization!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Credit Repair Journey

Regarding the PAID charge offs you can do a gw campaign and try to have them removed. If they get close to fall off date you can ask for EE.
You have really high balances on your open accounts look up AZEO method it will help your score.

This should be a sticky by now....read ABCD rules it has all the info you need to be successful in building your credit
Message 2 of 7
dragontears
Senior Contributor

I think the high utilization is hurting your score. The best thing you can do is pay down/off those cards and you will likely reach your goal of being 700
Message 3 of 7
rdrarmy
Valued Member

@ are you suggesting I write a GW letter to the OC on the paid off CO's?                              

FICO 8 Goal Score:

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

You can follow this technique for the gw letters.
Yes once the charge offs are paid off you can ask them to remove as a good will.
Also the high util is hurting you a lot also
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/ABCD2199-s-Eleven-Rules-to-Credit-Rebuilding/...

I suggest reading this. ABCD is very helpful and has a lot of good info.

Message 6 of 7
rdrarmy
Valued Member

Thank you very much for the advice. I will definitely read that. I’m wondering if I should risk an inquiry to request a CLI for my Navy Federal CC to bring down my utilization.

FICO 8 Goal Score:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.