Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Credit Situation...Please Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Credit Situation...Please Help!

Hi All!

I've been reading through all the message boards for the last few weeks and have been taking notes, but I wanted to post my specifics and see if there is any advice any of you can give me to start getting my mess cleaned up, I appreciate it!

So... I haven't paid much attention to my credit in the past and I pulled my credit report and credit score as of 9-30-14 and my score was 571, as of today it is 510. I'm not sure why it dropped so much. I haven't started any of the repair tips or with myfico reports yet. Here is the list on my report from quizzle:

19 Open Accounts, 9 Closed Accounts, 17 Negative Accounts

Accounts in Good Standing:

Ally Financial: A joint auto loan-paid on time every month

Syncb care credit: CL 2500 Bal 875.  A joint health credit card account-paid on time every month

Cap 1- I'm listed as an authorized user. CL 750 Bal 694- no lates

Nelnet Student Loan-Good standing

All the Bad:

Sallie Mae and Dept of Education-11 different loans show up, several different student loans from over the years. They are all saying negative account because I had a deferment that stopped and I didn't realize it. I contacted them and they did a forbearance or another deferment at that time to take care of it and no payments were due. However they reported it as at least 3 payments past due in August 2014 on all 11 accounts. It is still in deferment at this time, but I have put in an application to consolidate all student loans and start repaying. Will the consolidation get rid of those lates showing up? Is consolidating a good thing for credit score? note: My loans are now going to be with Navient with or without the consolidation.

Cap 1: CL- 300 Bal-269, pays as agreed, Feb 2014- 2 payments past due, the rest are good.

First Premier: CL-200 Bal-210 open, negative account, shows a few lates

First Premier: CL-300.00 Bal-287, this one shows as closed account, credit line suspended, a few lates, negative account

Seventh Avenue- 97.00 Balance, Charge-off opened date Dec 18, 2008

First National Credit- 0 Balance, Charge-off, closed, negative account, Original creditor LHR, Inc. Opened date 6/1/09

GMAC- Auto Loan. There is a note on it that says not more than 2 payments past due,negative account, paid and closed. Original terms 12,531 July 1, 2003. Paid and Closed July 2009

Utilization 53%, Available Credit: 1812, Length of credit 11 years 11 months, Average Age of Accounts 5 years 7 months

I'm going to work on getting the credit cards  paid down as soon as possible to bring down the utilization. Thank you for any and all of your advice!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Credit Situation...

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All!

I've been reading through all the message boards for the last few weeks and have been taking notes, but I wanted to post my specifics and see if there is any advice any of you can give me to start getting my mess cleaned up, I appreciate it!

So... I haven't paid much attention to my credit in the past and I pulled my credit report and credit score as of 9-30-14 and my score was 571, as of today it is 510. I'm not sure why it dropped so much. I haven't started any of the repair tips or with myfico reports yet. Here is the list on my report from quizzle:

19 Open Accounts, 9 Closed Accounts, 17 Negative Accounts

Accounts in Good Standing:

Ally Financial: A joint auto loan-paid on time every month

Syncb care credit: CL 2500 Bal 875.  A joint health credit card account-paid on time every month

Cap 1- I'm listed as an authorized user. CL 750 Bal 694- no lates

Nelnet Student Loan-Good standing

All the Bad:

Sallie Mae and Dept of Education-11 different loans show up, several different student loans from over the years. They are all saying negative account because I had a deferment that stopped and I didn't realize it. I contacted them and they did a forbearance or another deferment at that time to take care of it and no payments were due. However they reported it as at least 3 payments past due in August 2014 on all 11 accounts. It is still in deferment at this time, but I have put in an application to consolidate all student loans and start repaying. Will the consolidation get rid of those lates showing up? Is consolidating a good thing for credit score? note: My loans are now going to be with Navient with or without the consolidation.

Cap 1: CL- 300 Bal-269, pays as agreed, Feb 2014- 2 payments past due, the rest are good.

First Premier: CL-200 Bal-210 open, negative account, shows a few lates

First Premier: CL-300.00 Bal-287, this one shows as closed account, credit line suspended, a few lates, negative account

Seventh Avenue- 97.00 Balance, Charge-off opened date Dec 18, 2008

First National Credit- 0 Balance, Charge-off, closed, negative account, Original creditor LHR, Inc. Opened date 6/1/09

GMAC- Auto Loan. There is a note on it that says not more than 2 payments past due,negative account, paid and closed. Original terms 12,531 July 1, 2003. Paid and Closed July 2009

Utilization 53%, Available Credit: 1812, Length of credit 11 years 11 months, Average Age of Accounts 5 years 7 months

I'm going to work on getting the credit cards  paid down as soon as possible to bring down the utilization. Thank you for any and all of your advice!

Thanks For Sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.