cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Equifax PLUS FAKO Just Jumped up 133 points!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Equifax PLUS FAKO Just Jumped up 133 points!

I have recently started with credit repair and subscribed to the USAA monitoring service.  I have been disputing 3 charge offs from AT&T that were on all 3 of my reports through EOS CCA.  They can't explain these accounts or how I had them, but won't write them off as fraud since they were at an address I lived.  However, they were all after I closed a 4th account, and all 3 opened at the same time.  Needless to say, I don't think they are mine, and are likely a system or billing error.

Anyway, while waiting to hear back from corporate this week, I pulled my credit report today to find that all EOS CCA references were removed from all 3 bureaus!  The great news is that those were the last derogatories on my Equifax report which brought my PLUS score from 552 up to 685!  I'm super excited.  I am down to just 5 derogatories on my  Experian:

• 2 from Creditors Service Burea, which are both under dispute as these are medical bills in my wife's name, which I was never associated with.  The other two bureaus have already removed these when I disputed, but Experian is taking longer.
  • 1 from HMC group which is my own medical bill from a long time ago which falls off in March!
  • 1 from Sunflower Broadband for only $39, my old cable company.  I am trying to PFD, but they are ignoring me so far, stays on until 2015, ugh
  • RJM Acquisitions, for an overdraft, which I am trying to PFD, and I read they are very open to PFDs

I fully expect to have nothing more than the Sunflower Broadband left by April, and if I get lucky, they will finally PFD.  Maybe I will just pay in a month or so and try GWs.

TransUnion is a little worse and they have more of my stuff than anyone.  It is a work in progress, and I have still eliminated like 4 derogatories from them in just 4 weeks.  Over that time, I have seen my TU FICO go from 599 (lender pull) to 632 (myFico).  I so wish I would've realized how important this stuff was years ago.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Equifax PLUS FAKO Just Jumped up 133 points!

Congrats!!!! Isn't it a great feeling to see your credit improve???

Like you, I'm in the rebuilding process and love each time I see a jump in my score. I'm hoping to have some more baddies removed, then I'm going to proceed with the medical collections. It is a work in progress, but so rewarding Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
lostsoulz1216
Established Member

Way to go! Keep it up!

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 500
Goal Score: 640 by 2013

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Yodafer
Established Member

I have gotten RJM to do 2 pay for deletes even on one that was paid a month ago =) they were very helpful and friendly. They emailed me the PFD letter and gave me 30 days to pay it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.