Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Experience with CollectionShield360

tag
torry590
Regular Contributor

Re: My Experience with CollectionShield360

Also forgot to mention, I uploaded two CA letters that I got in the mail that are NOT yet on my reports.  I am curious as to how they will handle these, I will keep you all posted on this as well. 

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Robert. Be careful hiring credit repair companies.

I actually spoke to a self professed "Credit Repair King".  He runs his own business that charges something like $500-1000, but he offers you a money back guarantee.

Well, I spoke to him, and explained to him what I already know (GW, PFD, Validation Letters, Disputes), and he said he won't take me as a customer at all. The reason being is, he said it's "hard to start a process if another process has already been started".

Basically, he's saying that since I already started shooting letters off left and right, his process will encounter a roadblock because If I'm using one strategy and he's using another, none of them will work.

So, like in this case, they might get a few collections removed, but you don't know what they're saying in the letters. For example, they may have taken a very hard stance on one of the accounts, but you try to be nice and get a GW.  They'll see the aggressive letters from before and shred your GW letter.

Message 12 of 19
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree with Robert. Be careful hiring credit repair companies.

I actually spoke to a self professed "Credit Repair King".  He runs his own business that charges something like $500-1000, but he offers you a money back guarantee.

Well, I spoke to him, and explained to him what I already know (GW, PFD, Validation Letters, Disputes), and he said he won't take me as a customer at all. The reason being is, he said it's "hard to start a process if another process has already been started".

Basically, he's saying that since I already started shooting letters off left and right, his process will encounter a roadblock because If I'm using one strategy and he's using another, none of them will work.

So, like in this case, they might get a few collections removed, but you don't know what they're saying in the letters. For example, they may have taken a very hard stance on one of the accounts, but you try to be nice and get a GW.  They'll see the aggressive letters from before and shred your GW letter.

I have never done a GW letter for a CA. I just don't see it as fruitful in most cases because a lot of the CAs are just out for blood, even after you have paid and even if you have proof that the debt is wrong or isn't yours. I had a Charge Off for 200 bucks and the CA tried to charge me 800 in fees on top of that...yeah, no. CollectionSheild360 looks for violations in the CA communications and sues them. That's a bit different than a validation letter. They aren't trying to disprove you owe the debt but challenging the CAs practice of collecting the debt.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does CS360 deal with paid collections?

Message 14 of 19
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

I wouldn't see why not but I don't have any data on that since the few I had were old CCs and medical.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 15 of 19
torry590
Regular Contributor

Little progress update, DH received dispute letters from some CAs, I uploaded them to CS360, we will see what happens there. 

Best Friend received THREE deletion letters from three different CAs.  PROGRESS! and all for free!  I am a fan thus far. 

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep us posted with how this turns out. I might have to recommend this for my friends as well.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just signed up as well.  I have done everything I could possibly do on my end.  So I want to see if they can do anything now.  Still working on paying off a few accounts but after being screwed over by PRA and now having to clean up after them.  I just need a break!

Message 18 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Brief examples of what such an agency did for one is just fine but recommentations of and advocation of such an agency on myFico is taboo and as such this thread will be closed to further comments.

gdale6

myFico Moderator

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.