Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Experience with CollectionShield360

tag
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

My Experience with CollectionShield360

Some people swear by Lexington Law but I think CollectionShield360 was pretty awesome in what they did. For a free service, I was impressed with the outcome and thought I would share my experience. I signed up this account for myself and my uncle. I had 3 COs on TU (none now) and 4 on EQ (being disputed because EQ is just a horrible agency to deal with corrections). My uncle had 17 on TU (4 removed, others in dispute) and 14 on EQ (3 removed, others in dispute).

The basics:

They only deal with collections. No other baddies can be uploaded to their system. However, you can upload other collection letters that may not be on your report. They call these "cases" and they go after the agencies to delete the account from their records as well as demand they cease contact.

They pull your Credit Karma report to work from, thus leaving EX out so if you have collection on EX that aren't on the others, you may be vulnerable. Check to see and maybe start sending letters yourself for those on the EX report that aren't included in the other two.

The service states that you won't see results for about 50 days. I saw them in about 2 weeks, 1 or 2 falling off here and there. The downside of this is that your account won't reflect much until about the 45th day so you are playing the waiting game. You don't get notifications like with LL.

Results:

It's no frils, takes a while, and you don't get cool notifs but it's effect for a free service. They are still working on my file so I expect my EQ to clean up in the next month or so. EQ has been a challenge to deal with on my own as they don't seem to want to correct anything but it's all coming together. Rebuilding is a marathon, not a sprint.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Experience with CollectionShield360

Why won't they deal with Experian report?
Message 2 of 19
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@lindsaydruart wrote:

Some people swear by Lexington Law but I think CollectionShield360 was pretty awesome in what they did. For a free service, I was impressed with the outcome and thought I would share my experience. I signed up this account for myself and my uncle. I had 3 COs on TU (none now) and 4 on EQ (being disputed because EQ is just a horrible agency to deal with corrections). My uncle had 17 on TU (4 removed, others in dispute) and 14 on EQ (3 removed, others in dispute).

The basics:

They only deal with collections. No other baddies can be uploaded to their system. However, you can upload other collection letters that may not be on your report. They call these "cases" and they go after the agencies to delete the account from their records as well as demand they cease contact.

They pull your Credit Karma report to work from, thus leaving EX out so if you have collection on EX that aren't on the others, you may be vulnerable. Check to see and maybe start sending letters yourself for those on the EX report that aren't included in the other two.

The service states that you won't see results for about 50 days. I saw them in about 2 weeks, 1 or 2 falling off here and there. The downside of this is that your account won't reflect much until about the 45th day so you are playing the waiting game. You don't get notifications like with LL.

Results:

It's no frils, takes a while, and you don't get cool notifs but it's effect for a free service. They are still working on my file so I expect my EQ to clean up in the next month or so. EQ has been a challenge to deal with on my own as they don't seem to want to correct anything but it's all coming together. Rebuilding is a marathon, not a sprint.

I agree 100%. They were GREAT for me!!!

I also faxed them a copy of my Ex reports as well, so they cleaned that up too..

When it was all said and done, they removed 6 collection accounts from TU, 9 from Eq, and 7 from Ex. The only one that they did not get off was one for Midland, I dealt with that myself, and it has been deleted!

My honest review...- its a GREAT service for FREE!! How can you lose?

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 19
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

How do they "go after the agencies"?

Are they filing disputes?

If so, what is their asserted inaccuracy?

Message 4 of 19
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

How do they "go after the agencies"?

Are they filing disputes?

If so, what is their asserted inaccuracy?

They are sending cease communication letters to the debt collectors?

How does that foster handling of sny issues with them?

Message 5 of 19
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

I didn't know you could fax the Experian. I didn't bother because all my collections were the same. From what I can tell they aren't filing disputes. They are contacting the credit reporting agencies directly with FCRA discrepancies and they are a law firm so, from my knowledge, if the agency is alerted that you are dealing with a law firm, they have to deal with the firm and cease contacting you. That's my understanding of it. With them being no frills, I can't say I know exactly what they are doing because they don't really provide much detail. All I know is, it's working and I didn't spend a dime.

Message 6 of 19
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Personally, I would not permit someone to represent me if I had no idea what their actions on my behalf were.

They cannot file disputes directly with the collection agencies, as they are a credit repair organization.

Thus, they are apparently filing disputes with the CRAs.  How can they do that unless you, as the consumer, advise and assert an inaccuracy in the reporting of the debt collector?

Message 7 of 19
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

I never saw any disputes filed with the CRA. Here is what is listed on the website:

What is Collection Shield 360?

Collection Shield 360 is a service that provides its members with the most comprehensive protection available against unfair and illegal debt collection activity.

The three primary methods that Debt Collectors employ to collect your debt are:

• Calling you or someone you know on the phone;
  • Sending you letters in the mail; or
  • Reporting your collection account to the three Credit Bureaus (Experian, Transunion, and Equifax).

It does not matter if you actually owe the debt.

Upon your enrollment in Collection Shield 360, every aspect of debt collection activity conducted against you is relentlessly challenged and reviewed by an attorney for any violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) committed by the Debt Collectors. Whenever an FDCPA violation is found, an expert FDCPA attorney will represent you and sue the Debt Collectors on your behalf.

Collection Shield 360 Benefits

The Collection Shield 360 service offers its members complete peace of mind with legal protection against Debt Collection Harassment. Members receive benefits valued at thousands of dollars. Benefits include:

• Credit reporting protection: On average, we remove 8 out of 10 collection accounts from our client credit reports.
  • Credit score repair: Our clients typically see a credit score increase of between 50 to 120 points.
  • Statutory damages: We will seek up to $1,000 compensation from every Debt Collector in violation of FDCPA regulations.
  • Cessation of harassment: We will stop harassing Debt Collector phone calls and mail
Message 8 of 19
torry590
Regular Contributor

I signed up last weekend, also signed DH up along with my best friend.  I only have 2 collections on file, DH has about 22 (medical) and Best Friend has 10.  Right now they say "disputes processing".  I figured since this is free and the collections I have remaining are pretty permanent I would give this a try.  I will report results "if any" as they come in! 

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 9 of 19
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

They are looking for Violations, and the agreement that you have with them (Collectionshield360) is that they get to retain the proceeds from any monies they recover as a result of the violations.

I personally dont care how they did what they did, all I know is that it worked!

I dont think that they filed disputes on my behalf, I never saw any on my CR's...

Bottom line - They did exactly what they said that they would do. Maybe when the CA's saw letters coming in from attorneys, they decided it wasnt worth the effort, and just deleted ?

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.