Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Experiences with credit repair

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Experiences with credit repair

Patience, Patience, Patience...

If you think something is going to get done fast or overnight, your mistaken. I will start off with who, I dealt with and give a brief discription of what I did or went thru.

Collection account with Portfolio recovery, sent debt validation letter after debt validation letter to this company, they never replied, or validated, sent them letters telling them to remove or I was going to sue..nothing ever happen, they did stop reporting, then one day they called me and I told them I had a cease and desist on file, they claimed wrong number...I was puzzled, then a week later, I got a letter in the mail stating they would no longer be collecting on the account and it would be removed from reports. they did remove it within 10 days.

Collection account National Credit Adjusters, sent debt validation letter no response account removed.

Charge off with discover financial services - about ready to age off, will be gone in december 2015, I havnt even talked to this one..

Charge off NFCU for a car loan my ex-wife filed BR on, called explained the situation and they said oh well you owe, so I went straight to county courthouse and filed law suit, faxed documents...next thing I get a phone call from them asking why im suing them, told them I had legal binding documents showing I wasnt no longer responsible for that debt after the divorce date, they responed with, oh..you are, guess we will see you in court then. 10 days later a letter came saying I was relieved of the debt and would be removed with-in 10 days, the next week came a 1099-C, I sent a copy of letter with 1099-c to IRS, didnt have to pay squat.

Sams club / kays / Lowes / Walmart all charge offs - I sent DV letters no response and removed.

USAA personal loan - charge off, they stalked me everyday, I sent them a letter in Japanese (kids are bilingual) requesting they validate, the next thing I know its gone off reports.

I still have 2 NFCU baddies and they wont budge on anything, and one Menards for 200.00, I sent them a check and they sent it back...go figure.

I have applied for a VA loan, and Im 2 points short and they waive it...lol

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Experiences with credit repair

@Anonymous wrote:

Patience, Patience, Patience...

If you think something is going to get done fast or overnight, your mistaken. I will start off with who, I dealt with and give a brief discription of what I did or went thru.

Collection account with Portfolio recovery, sent debt validation letter after debt validation letter to this company, they never replied, or validated, sent them letters telling them to remove or I was going to sue..nothing ever happen, they did stop reporting, then one day they called me and I told them I had a cease and desist on file, they claimed wrong number...I was puzzled, then a week later, I got a letter in the mail stating they would no longer be collecting on the account and it would be removed from reports. they did remove it within 10 days.

Collection account National Credit Adjusters, sent debt validation letter no response account removed.

Charge off with discover financial services - about ready to age off, will be gone in december 2015, I havnt even talked to this one..

Charge off NFCU for a car loan my ex-wife filed BR on, called explained the situation and they said oh well you owe, so I went straight to county courthouse and filed law suit, faxed documents...next thing I get a phone call from them asking why im suing them, told them I had legal binding documents showing I wasnt no longer responsible for that debt after the divorce date, they responed with, oh..you are, guess we will see you in court then. 10 days later a letter came saying I was relieved of the debt and would be removed with-in 10 days, the next week came a 1099-C, I sent a copy of letter with 1099-c to IRS, didnt have to pay squat.

Sams club / kays / Lowes / Walmart all charge offs - I sent DV letters no response and removed.

USAA personal loan - charge off, they stalked me everyday, I sent them a letter in Japanese (kids are bilingual) requesting they validate, the next thing I know its gone off reports.

I still have 2 NFCU baddies and they wont budge on anything, and one Menards for 200.00, I sent them a check and they sent it back...go figure.

I have applied for a VA loan, and Im 2 points short and they waive it...lol

This sure is interesting especially the DV in Japanese. LOLOL.

Message 2 of 4
airborne07
Valued Member

All I have to get removed from my report is a discharge from USAA.  Sounds like you had way better luck than me.  We have been going back and fourth.  I sent them DV letters and certain qustion to be answered.  They just reply with a basic letter a credit card statement.  I am going to be sneding the a letter putting them in default and looking into taking them to small claims court.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Be aware that the FDCPA has no requirement to respond to a DV, and sets no period in which they must respond.

If the DV is timely, it imposes a cease collection bar, which remains in effect until such time as the debt collector chooses to send validation.

They can choose to cease collection, and never respond.

There is no violation per se of the FDCPA based on lack of response to a DV.

Vioaltion would occur if your DV was timely (meaning it was sent prior to receipt of any dunning notice, or within 30 days of receipt of a dunning notice) and the debt collector made attempts to collect on the debt without first having sent the requested validation.

If they send validation and the consumer considers it to be inadequate, then the consumer could bring civil action for violation of the cease collection bar that the consumer considers to still be in effect.  It would then be up to the court to determine if the validation was adequate.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.