Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fico Gurus PLEASE HELP!!!

tag
blackswan22
New Contributor

My Fico Gurus PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey Guys,

Im reaching out in an attempt to figure out if Im doing the right thing.

I'm looking to purchase a home April/May of next year so I have been cleaning up my credit like crazy.As of next month I will have 1 year of no late payments.

Below is a breakdown of my negatives:

Space Coast Credit Union Charge Off (car) in 2008- Paid in Full 9/14 

Cach, LLC Collection (GE Capital) 6/14- Paid in full 8/14

Focus Financial Collections  (mediacl collections) 10/09-Paid in full 9/14

Central Financial collections (medical) 6/13-Paid in full 9/14

Central financial collections (medical) 4/13-Paid in full 9/14

Midland Credit collection (Tmobile) 4/13-Paid in full 9/14

Nationwide Recovery Collections (medical) 11/10-Paid in full 9/14

Nationwide Recovery collection (medical) 5/12-Paid in full 9/14

Portfolio Recovery Collections (Credit card) 11/11-Paid in full 5/13

Portfolio recovery collections (credit card) 11/11-Paid in full 6/13

Today I have mailed each one of these companies GW letters as I have paid them all in full. My credit report reflects the paid in full status BUT my score actually dropped by 29 points!!

Has anyone had any luck with any of these companies in regards to having collection line items removed???

Also, any idea of how long before I can start to see positive results seeing I paid all my collections?? The 29 point drop ruined my day in the worse way. i know my credit wont be fixed overnight but......is there any light at the end of the tunnel......soon? lol

Is April/May of next year a decent time to allow my credit scores to go up? As it is now after the decrease my Eq score is 560, Exp 602 Trans 611

Im tryig to get my highest score to be 640 middle score 630 and lowest score 620 (I know I wont get these exact results)

Starting Score: EQ 495 Ex 585 TU 582
Current Score: EQ 610 EX 662 TU 682
Goal Score: EQ 680 EX 700 TU 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Fico Gurus PLEASE HELP!!!

The point drop was because the accounts being updated to paid makes them 'look' new to the scoring model. That effect will fade with time (how long I have no clue) and your scores will recover - however, paid items don't score any better than unpaid items...unfortunately. So you should get the 29 point drop back, but not much else - all things being equal.

You might work the positive tradelines that you have in the meantime, try to get CLI's and manage CC balances under 10%

Message 2 of 9
eric19k
Established Contributor

Hello.
Score drop is absolutely normal after an update.
GW strategy is good but it always better to reach out CEOs.
Kepp sending GW until you get results.

Have you been trying to call and ask supervisors or managers to do a favor?Try that also
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 3 of 9
blackswan22
New Contributor

Right now I have 5 credit cards and only have a balance due of $196.95 and an available credit of $35,351

Which i thought would be great but was also a factor in my 29 point decrease smh

I just dont get it anymore. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW GW GW. It isn't a once a month thing. I would start with the paid medical collections and work from there. Anything you can get dropped will help. Call and ask for supervisors, explain the situation nicely and ask for removal since you paid in good faith. If they say no, call again. Use mail, email, and call. It might not work on all but it will on most. It just takes one person to say yes.  

Message 5 of 9
blackswan22
New Contributor

How oten should i send out GW lettes? I sent the first batch today to everyone I listed above. i was going to send a batch a month. Should i be sending them more often??

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blackswan22 wrote:

How oten should i send out GW lettes? I sent the first batch today to everyone I listed above. i was going to send a batch a month. Should i be sending them more often??

i wouldn't do more than ecery 2 weeks for snail mail. I would highly suggest calling and asking for a superivisor or calling executive numbers. Also email them, any email you can find for the CA.

Message 7 of 9
blackswan22
New Contributor

Does anyone have any executive contact info for any of the creditors i listed above?

I will send GW letters every two weeks and hope for the best!! Do i just keep sending the same letters every time?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It upsets me how dumb the fico system can be . All thats at stake and it cant differentiate between paid/reported/disputed .Im sure theres a reason for this but youd think an update after paying your debt shouldnt hurt you as much as it does . 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.