Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Post

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My First Post

Hello Community! This is my first post here. I guess you can say I'm in the rebuilding stage. 556 TU, 582 EX and 596 EQ. Quite a few lates on student loans, but are current now, 1 old Sprint account in collections, a paid, closed, small installment loan and a Capital One charge-off (paid in full) from when I was 18 and irresponsible. I recently opened a CC with my credit union with a $300 cl, a secured Capital One for $200 and also a Fingerhut Freshstart account.
So I just got an instant approval for an Ashley Stewart $250 limit. I know that isn't much, but I'm just excited about instant approval! I applied for a VS credit card a while back and got the 7-10 day message. I just knew I was denied, but turns out they just needed to verify and I was approved for $250 about a week ago, which gave me some confidence to apply for more Commenity cards. So today I applied for Lane Bryant, Justice and Ashley Stewart; AS was the only instant approval, got the 7-10 day message for the other two. Whether I get approved or not, I feel like it's time to chill out on the apps (I think that's what ya'll call"gardening"), cause my inquiries are ridiculous right now. Excited about using these accounts responsibly to work on rebuilding!
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My First Post

Home Login Cart
Menu

myFICO® Forums
(0)
Forums
Up
0 Replies
My First Post
oddmommy91 oddmommy91 New Member
2:33 PM
Hello Community! This is my first post here. I guess you can say I'm in the rebuilding stage. 556 TU, 582 EX and 596 EQ. Quite a few lates on student loans, but are current now, 1 old Sprint account in collections, a paid, closed, small installment loan and a Capital One charge-off (paid in full) from when I was 18 and irresponsible. I recently opened a CC with my credit union with a $300 cl, a secured Capital One for $200 and also a Fingerhut Freshstart account.
So I just got an instant approval for an Ashley Stewart $250 limit. I know that isn't much, but I'm just excited about instant approval! I applied for a VS credit card a while back and got the 7-10 day message. I just knew I was denied, but turns out they just needed to verify and I was approved for $250 about a week ago, which gave me some confidence to apply for more Commenity cards. So today I applied for Lane Bryant, Justice and Ashley Stewart; AS was the only instant approval, got the 7-10 day message for the other two. Whether I get approved or not, I feel like it's time to chill out on the apps (I think that's what ya'll call"gardening"), cause my inquiries are ridiculous right now. Excited about using these accounts responsibly to work on rebuilding!
Message 1 of 6
Dimanchi
New Contributor

Re: My First Post

@Anonymous wrote:
Home Login Cart
Menu

myFICO® Forums
(0)
Forums
Up
0 Replies
My First Post
oddmommy91 oddmommy91 New Member
2:33 PM

Welcom and best of luck!! i was in your shoes 15 months ago - once sec cap1 and a credit one bank card with 300 CL... with help of everybody here I am over 700 in all of my scores and have CL over 60K- you can do it, only time will heal those wounds in your CRs... 

CTYP 7K - CITI AA 6K - AMEX Delta 1.0K- DISCIT 1.2K - Barc 1.9K,-FuelReward 5K-SportsmanGuide 5K -Total Rewards 6.2K - BofA 1-2-3 CR 15K, JCREW 5.3K, AMAZON 2.9, Chase Freedom 3.5K, CAP 1 QS VISA SIG 5K, VENTURE 20K -- Total CL > 80K

Starting FICO SCORES (10/2013) EQ 538 - EX 558
Current FICO SCORES - EQ 713 - EX 722 - 01/28/15

THIS TIME I AM GOING TO THE GARDEN AND STAYING IN UNTIL 2016 - HELP ME STAY!!!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much!
Message 4 of 6
Goblin
Regular Contributor

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Ex: 495 Eq: 492 Tu: 497
Current Score: Ex: 708 Eq: 716 Tu: 710

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Grats on starting to get your financial life in order Smiley Happy   Im going to advise you to not indiscriminately take those shopping card pre approvals (if this is where you are apping for them from), only get the ones you are actually going to use, these boards are full of people who went overboard on these cards. You are going to want to get 1 more revolving major bankcard, the minimums to drive your Fico are 3 bankcards and 1 store card. You can hold off for awhile on getting it to give time for all these new accounts to report and everything settled down. If you need help with those negs you can post on this board to get specific help with them.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.