Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My GW strategy paying off!

tag
ajsgurl0805
Valued Member

My GW strategy paying off!

Not sure if everybody does it this way but on my GW journey I decided to send my letters to both the OC and the CA. I started sending out letters at the endo of March and beginning of April and I received a call from a CA of one of my accts that stated they would just send "paid in Full", that wasnt gonna help me because thats what it was already reporting so I though ok thats that. that was one of my most important collections that I wanted removed but about a week later I received a call from the OC of that same collection about another small acct that was not yet paid but was never reported somehow and before anything can be done I would need to pay the $31 for my sons circumcision...lol. I told her to send me the bill and I will send the check. She sent the bill, I sent the check along with another copy of the GW letter. I got a call on Wednesday and she stated that as of 4/9 the CA removed the acct from my credit report. Thank you Jesus!

Next success story, I had 4 small accts from my current medical facility from last year and 2012. I was very upset by these collections because they were 4 individual very small accts ( $10, (2) $29, $251). These were also my only recent ones. So after sending an email to the customer care cented for the OC I got a nsty email back only stating "No changes will be made to your acct"...that was all it said, no name or greeting or anything else so I thought I was screwed. And after that I sent the GW letter to the CA and the OC. Mind you they are in the same area so it only took like a day to get to them by mail so after not hearing anything I figured I will never get these accts removed. Well yesterday while ironically at a dr appt at the very medical facility, which by the way I love, I received a call from the lady from the CA that I was making my payments too and she said "I received your letter about getting your accts removed and as a courtesy I will remove them"....OMG I was floored, I even told her I was about to cry which I was. She stated that because there were multiple with the same amount it would be easier for her to report for removal if I disputed them online so that way she can get it done quicker. She stated that she wouldnt make me wait the 30 days and it should only take about 3-5 days that way I can apply for my mortgage loan! I love her!

I BBB one of my other accts which was my largest and the reason for my denial last year. I actually have good reason not just because it is hurting my credit. So I am still waitiging on that. I think I will just give up on Verizon and Midland because they are paid for over 2yrs now so I am hoping that they dont pose a threat to my pre-approval.

What do you guys think! Sorry so long but I am over the moon right now giving the year that I am having.

Happy Easter and have a great day!

Starting scores: EX:797 EQ:808 TU:777 (12/15/21)Goal: 850
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: My GW strategy paying off!

That sounds so good! Congrats to you!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 8
ajsgurl0805
Valued Member

Thank you!

Message 3 of 8
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the excellent progress!!

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 4 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Great work!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 8
ajsgurl0805
Valued Member

Thanks guys! I'm thinking about sending an edible arrangement because I am soooo grateful! Too much!?

Message 6 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Nice touch, but a bit over the top.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.