Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Goodwill letter prompted a dispute code - CapitalOne

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Goodwill letter prompted a dispute code - CapitalOne

@cm5005 I thank you for caring and responding. We are joyful of this new opportunity given to us. 

I will be calling Capital One to request remarks to be removed. I did not know they could do that. I really want to be able to apply for a home loan soon. 

By the way, I wrote a GW letter to Khol's (also on Jan 29, 2016) which account I only have 4 late payments June/July/December 2015 (30 day late), and 60 day late in Jan 2016. Presently, my Khol's account is current and low balance.  Have not received response or updated credit report.  So today I also decided to send them an email through a customer support ask a question page. I received an automated response so praying for one more miracle.

Credit One was a blessing, they helped me by goodwill and kindness by editing the late payments this year before paying in full the account which is now closed. 

I will update as I have more information.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most mortgages want to see at least a year of no later. Recent lates make the lender see that you are not good with paying on time.
Message 12 of 14
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear of the problems you went through but glad they are better now. I think you can try to get the comments removed, but the GW will be tough. The comments will not really hurt anything. It is the lates themselves that can play a factor in any application.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I realize this is months ago now, but I just had the same thing happen. I sent a GW letter to Cap1 auto for a few lates and they sent me that letter and added the "dispute resolved -reported by grantor" -- but you're saying that this also happened to you and they actually processed the deletion of the goodwill lates?
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.