Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Journey, to hopefully help some and get answers to questions

tag
hopeful14
New Contributor

My Journey, to hopefully help some and get answers to questions

I started my journey 04/28/14  I am not going to make excuses as to why my credit is as bad as it is.  There really is no point.  It is what it is and now it is time to fix it!

I pulled all 3 of my CR’s and after reading this forum for days on end I just started with 8 negatives.

Aspen Mastercard.  $304.00 CO, left it at a 0 Balance.  I wrote them a Goodwill letter 05/07/14, haven’t heard back from them.  I am not sure this was the right thing to do as this is part of the 2008 FTC Ruling.  But I am not sure if the OC is part of this.  Any ideas on this?

Jefferson Capital: OC Aspen Mastercard.  I sent them a letter stating the FTC Ruling and just received a response from them telling me they would be deleting this tradeline.  YAY!  I am curious as to how long that will take.

Jefferson Capital: Tribute Mastercard.  Same as above.  So excited!

A buy here pay here Auto Dealer, first I want to preface this with the fact that I have bought 3 vehicles from this place.  The first one in 2003.  Paid off and was never late.  2nd one is the problem, 3rd on I am paying on right now and have been for 2 years, 1 year to go.  I have never been late.  So the 2nd one is showing 2, 30 days past due and 10, 60 days past due.  These payments are made weekly so after 3 days late they show it being 30 days.  My husband was laid off and after the 6th month of him not being able to find employment I went into the dealership and asked them if I could make some type of lower payment arrangements because I just couldn’t make the full payment anymore.  Savings was depleted.  They did make arrangements with me, and I kept those arrangements. Once my husband was back to work I started making the full payment again.  Little did I know by making those arrangements I was messing up my credit.  I wrote them a Goodwill letter and received a response telling me their Lawyer told them it was illegal to not report it.  I am now in the process of calling the owner everday (hes never available) and leaving him a voicemail asking him to call me.  He knows me because I have done so much business there.  But hopefully I won’t ever have to do buy here pay here again.  Although the other 2 loans do show up as Good on my CR.

Pro Com Services; $41.00 Medical Bill.  I wrote them a PFD and never got a response, I’m impatient so I called them.  They agreed to the PFD, but said they would write a letter.  I went ahead and paid it.  Hoping they stick to there word.

Receivables Management; $31.00 Medical Bill.  Same as above!

State Collection Service; $247.00 Medical Bill.  Same as the above!

Now for my nightmare.  I broke a lease in 2012 and they kept my Security Deposit and turned me over for Collection.  $5395.  This is going to be on my CR until 2019!  I have dealt with this Collection Agency a few times and they are hard to deal with.  I am afraid to PFD them because I am afraid they will take me to court over this and get a Judgment.  I would love to PFD them with a 50% settlement offer.   But honestly I would pay the whole thing if they would delete it.  

So basically I have been told that I have 5 of my 8 set to be deleted.  Which is fantastic!!!  I am not sure how to move forward with the last 3.

I have 2 Credit cards in my name.  Discover it $1900 CL and a First Premier $300 CL Both in good standing, never late.  I am AU on my husbands Credit One $600.  Also in good standing.   Do I need a few more cards??? 

I have the 3 Credit Cards and 2 Car loans showing up as In Good Standing.  Is that enough?  Is there something else I should be doing?

My credit score is the same today as it was when I started 24 days ago.  I am expecting a bump when my Discover statement posts because I had $1200.00 on it and it was paid in full.  How long does it take for these deletions and how much will they bump my score?

Sorry this was so long winded.  I just thought some of this might help someone else and I still have so many questions.  I want to see that 700!!  I don’t think I ever have. Plus we would like to buy a house by the end of the year.  That all depends on Husbands credit scores as well.  And that is a whole other can of worms.  Lol  To be Continued.

04/28/14 Annual credit report; Experian; 541 Lender Pull 05/15/14 Experian 584

04/28/14 Equifax; 562. My FICO Equifax 643.  My FICO TU 653  Trying to wait until mid June to pull reports again.

Score differences confuse me but here it is.

Any and all suggestions welcome. 

Chase Southwest Airlines Card $5K, Capital One $3K, Discover It $1.9K, Barclay Rewards $1K, First Premier $300.00 Back to the garden on 06/14/14

hr>Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 686
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Journey, to hopefully help some and get answers to questions

@hopeful14 wrote:

I started my journey 04/28/14  I am not going to make excuses as to why my credit is as bad as it is.  There really is no point.  It is what it is and now it is time to fix it!

I pulled all 3 of my CR’s and after reading this forum for days on end I just started with 8 negatives.

Aspen Mastercard.  $304.00 CO, left it at a 0 Balance.  I wrote them a Goodwill letter 05/07/14, haven’t heard back from them.  I am not sure this was the right thing to do as this is part of the 2008 FTC Ruling.  But I am not sure if the OC is part of this.  Any ideas on this? Since the CA is deleting due to the ruling I would dispute the TL with the CRAs and send copy of the ruling with your letter.

Jefferson Capital: OC Aspen Mastercard.  I sent them a letter stating the FTC Ruling and just received a response from them telling me they would be deleting this tradeline.  YAY!  I am curious as to how long that will take. 30-60 days for manual updates is normal time

Jefferson Capital: Tribute Mastercard.  Same as above.  So excited!

A buy here pay here Auto Dealer, first I want to preface this with the fact that I have bought 3 vehicles from this place.  The first one in 2003.  Paid off and was never late.  2nd one is the problem, 3rd on I am paying on right now and have been for 2 years, 1 year to go.  I have never been late.  So the 2nd one is showing 2, 30 days past due and 10, 60 days past due.  These payments are made weekly so after 3 days late they show it being 30 days.  LOL, just because its a weekly payment doesnt give them the right to report 30 days past due when its actually 3 that is credit reporting fraud.

My husband was laid off and after the 6th month of him not being able to find employment I went into the dealership and asked them if I could make some type of lower payment arrangements because I just couldn’t make the full payment anymore.  Savings was depleted.  They did make arrangements with me, and I kept those arrangements. Once my husband was back to work I started making the full payment again.  Little did I know by making those arrangements I was messing up my credit. Yes they can report lates if they actually go to 30, 60 days not the above 3 = 30.

I wrote them a Goodwill letter and received a response telling me their Lawyer told them it was illegal to not report it.  I am now in the process of calling the owner everday (hes never available) and leaving him a voicemail asking him to call me.  He knows me because I have done so much business there.  But hopefully I won’t ever have to do buy here pay here again.  Although the other 2 loans do show up as Good on my CR. Should it be real that they repported 30 days late to the CRA when in fact it was 3 and they refuse to correct the reporting then just file a BBB complaint on them, if that fails then move on to the CFPB.

Pro Com Services; $41.00 Medical Bill.  I wrote them a PFD and never got a response, I’m impatient so I called them.  They agreed to the PFD, but said they would write a letter.  I went ahead and paid it.  Hoping they stick to there word. If they dont file BBB complaint for shoddy business practices

Receivables Management; $31.00 Medical Bill.  Same as above!

State Collection Service; $247.00 Medical Bill.  Same as the above!

Now for my nightmare.  I broke a lease in 2012 and they kept my Security Deposit and turned me over for Collection.  $5395.  This is going to be on my CR until 2019!  I have dealt with this Collection Agency a few times and they are hard to deal with.  I am afraid to PFD them because I am afraid they will take me to court over this and get a Judgment.  I would love to PFD them with a 50% settlement offer.   But honestly I would pay the whole thing if they would delete it.  if its within states SOL dont even deal with them unless you have the full amount available to PIF or as you say you could end up with a suit, it is doubtful you will get substantial reductions with it inside SOL. A DV is how you start with a CA.

So basically I have been told that I have 5 of my 8 set to be deleted.  Which is fantastic!!!  I am not sure how to move forward with the last 3.

I have 2 Credit cards in my name.  Discover it $1900 CL and a First Premier $300 CL Both in good standing, never late.  I am AU on my husbands Credit One $600.  Also in good standing.   Do I need a few more cards???  1 more bankcard in your name minimum, maybe a few store cards if you will actually use them.

I have the 3 Credit Cards and 2 Car loans showing up as In Good Standing.  Is that enough?  Is there something else I should be doing?

My credit score is the same today as it was when I started 24 days ago.  I am expecting a bump when my Discover statement posts because I had $1200.00 on it and it was paid in full.  How long does it take for these deletions and how much will they bump my score? utilization changes immediately after its reported, no way to tell you how much you will gain. Discover reports the statement balance so when your next stmt cuts is when they will report and it usully shows on file 3-5 days after they report.

Sorry this was so long winded.  I just thought some of this might help someone else and I still have so many questions.  I want to see that 700!!  I don’t think I ever have. Plus we would like to buy a house by the end of the year.  That all depends on Husbands credit scores as well.  And that is a whole other can of worms.  Lol  To be Continued.

04/28/14 Equifax; 562. My FICO Equifax 643.  My FICO TU 653  Trying to wait until mid June to pull reports again.

Message 2 of 13
hopeful14
New Contributor

Thanks so much so for your response.  Great advice!!!   

Chase Southwest Airlines Card $5K, Capital One $3K, Discover It $1.9K, Barclay Rewards $1K, First Premier $300.00 Back to the garden on 06/14/14

Message 3 of 13
hopeful14
New Contributor

I received a score watch alert and was so excited to see what it was.  My score went up 5 points.  woohoo 5 up is better then 5 down right?  Anyway I checked to see what had made it go up.  It was one of my PFD's.  problem is, they didn't delete it they just marked it paid!  I am angry and feel really stupid that I believed the gal on the phone when she assured me she would delete it if I paid it.  Lesson learned!  

Message 4 of 13
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@hopeful14 wrote:

I received a score watch alert and was so excited to see what it was.  My score went up 5 points.  woohoo 5 up is better then 5 down right?  Anyway I checked to see what had made it go up.  It was one of my PFD's.  problem is, they didn't delete it they just marked it paid!  I am angry and feel really stupid that I believed the gal on the phone when she assured me she would delete it if I paid it.  Lesson learned!  

I would call the company that agreed to the PFD and let them know that they didn't hold up their end of the deal and see what happens from there. If nothing, you can file a claim with the BBB. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 13
hopeful14
New Contributor

Thanks Whitneyy, I did do call them.  They said they had deleted it so it must be one of the steps the CRA does.  I will sit back and watch it.  I am happy with the 5 points but I sure did think it would gain a little more.  Still waiting on 3 others to be deleted.  lol  I will do doing the happy dance on that day!

Message 6 of 13
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@hopeful14 wrote:

Thanks Whitneyy, I did do call them.  They said they had deleted it so it must be one of the steps the CRA does.  I will sit back and watch it.  I am happy with the 5 points but I sure did think it would gain a little more.  Still waiting on 3 others to be deleted.  lol  I will do doing the happy dance on that day!

Yes, you know it can take up to 30-45 days to reflect the change. Good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 7 of 13
hopeful14
New Contributor

OMG!  So excited.  I just received a score watch alert.  My FICO went from 652 to 686!!!   It said it could have been from lowering my utilization on my credit cards but I don't think it would have jumped that much, I didn't have much charged on my cards.  I suspect that the PFD's I did last month were finally removed from my credit report.  I am trying very hard to not pay for a updated credit report until mid June or early July.  But I don't know that I will be able to restrain myself.  At any rate, this is good news.  I have been feeling a bit defeated.  All because I am so impatient!!  lol

Message 8 of 13
hopeful14
New Contributor

Aspen Mastercard.  $304.00 CO, left it at a 0 Balance.  I wrote them a Goodwill letter 05/07/14, haven’t heard back from them.  I am not sure this was the right thing to do as this is part of the 2008 FTC Ruling.  But I am not sure if the OC is part of this.  Any ideas on this?

Jefferson Capital: OC Aspen Mastercard.  I sent them a letter stating the FTC Ruling and just received a response from them telling me they would be deleting this tradeline.  YAY!  I am curious as to how long that will take.  I spoke with TransUnion today and this is off my report!!!

Jefferson Capital: Tribute Mastercard.  Same as above.  So excited!  Gone from Transunion

A buy here pay here Auto Dealer, first I want to preface this with the fact that I have bought 3 vehicles from this place.  The first one in 2003.  Paid off and was never late.  2nd one is the problem, 3rd on I am paying on right now and have been for 2 years, 1 year to go.  I have never been late.  So the 2nd one is showing 2, 30 days past due and 10, 60 days past due.  These payments are made weekly so after 3 days late they show it being 30 days.  My husband was laid off and after the 6th month of him not being able to find employment I went into the dealership and asked them if I could make some type of lower payment arrangements because I just couldn’t make the full payment anymore.  Savings was depleted.  They did make arrangements with me, and I kept those arrangements. Once my husband was back to work I started making the full payment again.  Little did I know by making those arrangements I was messing up my credit.  I wrote them a Goodwill letter and received a response telling me their Lawyer told them it was illegal to not report it.  I am now in the process of calling the owner everday (hes never available) and leaving him a voicemail asking him to call me.  He knows me because I have done so much business there.  But hopefully I won’t ever have to do buy here pay here again.  Although the other 2 loans do show up as Good on my CR.  I have left this guy 6 voicemail and he never returned my calls.  Today I was actually able to speak with him.  He told me he had no way of removing these late payments from my credit reports and that it was illegal.  When I explained to him that it was not illegal and that it coiuld be done, because I had already had some deleted.  He insisted that even if he called them they wouldn't alk to him.  He told me to dispute the late payments with all 3 CRA and when they received the notice from the CRA's they would agree that they were not late.  YES!!!!

Pro Com Services; $41.00 Medical Bill.  I wrote them a PFD and never got a response, I’m impatient so I called them.  They agreed to the PFD, but said they would write a letter.  I went ahead and paid it.  Hoping they stick to there word. 

Receivables Management; $31.00 Medical Bill.  Same as above!  Gone from TransUnion

State Collection Service; $247.00 Medical Bill.  Same as the above! Gone from TransUnion

Now for my nightmare.  I broke a lease in 2012 and they kept my Security Deposit and turned me over for Collection.  $5395.  This is going to be on my CR until 2019!  I have dealt with this Collection Agency a few times and they are hard to deal with.  I am afraid to PFD them because I am afraid they will take me to court over this and get a Judgment.  I would love to PFD them with a 50% settlement offer.   But honestly I would pay the whole thing if they would delete it.  

I have 2 Credit cards in my name.  Discover it $1900 CL and a First Premier $300 CL Both in good standing, never late.  I am AU on my husbands Credit One $600.  Also in good standing.   Do I need a few more cards??? 

My credit score is the same today as it was when I started 24 days ago.  I am expecting a bump when my Discover statement posts because I had $1200.00 on it and it was paid in full.  How long does it take for these deletions and how much will they bump my score?

Today my Credit score is 684.  I can't wait to pull updated credit reports.  Trying to wait a week or 2.  I am so happy I can't stand it!!!!!  

Message 9 of 13
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

Awesome progress!  Nowhere to go but up!  Congrats on the deletes.  Esp the medical bills.  I had to wait for my two to just fall off which took forever.  Keep it up! 

18k10k7.6k10k10k5k5.6k1.7k2k
Federal CU PLOC: $5k
Scores, Dec. 2014- TU: 755 EX: 763 EQ: 757
Last App: 12/8/14. In the garden until Jan 2016, getting "mortgage" ready.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.