Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My NERVES...My NERVES...HELP!!!!!

tag
lady_texan
New Contributor

My NERVES...My NERVES...HELP!!!!!

Hello Fico Family,

I have been studying for weeks in all of the guru classes on here and hope I did the right thing. Ok...I have been disputing for YEARS with the CRA's to get 2 alleged debts removed from my credit reportsSmiley Mad So after reading and putting into action some advise. I sent DV letters certified with RR to CA Certified Recovery DOFD 09/2004 and one to Allied Collection DOFD 8/2007(two apartment complexes in TX). So I received a response back from both a couple of days later and check this out. Certified Recovery sent a copy of a bootlegged ledger with no identifying info and Allied Collection sent documents that had been "hand altered".  I know this because I have all original documentation given to management, receipts and a judgment in my favor.

Each time I have filed a dispute, I get the "it's been verified" crap. I have called the CRA and was told if we need any documentation we will let you know. Ok, so I sent a second letter to Allied Collection asking them to send information regarding the alleged debt from the OC (ie month, year, copies of water bills blah blah.) I have yet to hear a squeak. I sent a SOL letter to Certified Recovery but not sure if they are suppose to take it off (SOL in TX is 4 years). I am sooo fed up and tired and my anxiety is through the roofSmiley Sad....I am trying to get this crap off in the next 30 days to take advantage of this tax credit to purchase my first home.

When I got the info from the CA's and reviewed it..i was so furious from the "making up a debt to get paid" documentation sent back.. I filed a dispute with the TX OAG, FTC and BBB against the CA's and OC. Did I do the right thing?Smiley Indifferent

"Trying to enjoy my next 30 years--DEBT FREE!" Smiley Wink

Message Edited by lady_texan on 08-06-2009 01:39 AM
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: My NERVES...My NERVES...HELP!!!!!

YES.....You did the right thing!!!!!! 

Good luck!!!

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 08-06-2009 04:41 AM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

SOL and the time something can stay on your report are two different things.  Just because SOL has expired does not mean it can not continue to report on your reports.

DOFD of 2004 will stay until 2011.  DOFD of 2007 will stay until 2014.

Have you spoken with the apartment complexes?

Message 3 of 17
lady_texan
New Contributor

Thank for the quick reply. Sir indeed to both of them and all management has changed out and they "claim" they cannot find any info on me. The OC for CA Allied Collection, we went to court due to an illegal lock out and they violated the Texas Property Code which made the judge rule in my favor. Since they violated the code I pursued my rights which states I can recover: Texas Property Code 92.008 They did not give me prior notice prior to the lockout and did not provide keys within 2 hours. I left several messges with the answering service and no one showed up. I filed a writ of re-entry and was successful. After our court hearing, the OC management could not provide any evidence at the hearing and it was ruled in my favor. Under this property code I requested relieve in pursuant of the code which states "Any provision of a lease of the purports to waive or diminish Plaintiff's rights is void in pursuant to Section 92.008(j) Texas Property Code. When I received the documentation from the CA someone hand altered dates to show I was there longer than I was and they are trying to collect alleged reletting fees. So do they have anything to stand on given this info...which they have because they sent me a copy of it. Any suggestions?

"Trying to enjoy my next 30 years--Debt Free" Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Since you have the original documentation from the complex, sue the CA.  It is your right to do so.
Message 5 of 17
lady_texan
New Contributor

WOW...really?  Yes I do have the documentation...I  told them if they did not remove that alleged debt from my credit report in 10 of the receipt of the letter I would pursue it further legally. Do you think I should wait to see if they remove it...wait on OAG, FTC or BBB or just get a lawyer? Next steps....

"Trying to enjoy my next 30 years--DEBT FREE"Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would send them an ITS letter (Intent to Sue).  You can either google it or search on this site for one.

You might want to wait and see the results from your complaints.  If they get you no where, suing is an option.

For each violation of the FCRA it is $1000.  If they violated and you can prove it.....

Message 7 of 17
lady_texan
New Contributor

Thanks you guru guiness56...woo hoo... mmmmwahSmiley Happy

"Trying to enjoy my next 30 years--DEBT FREE" Smiley Wink

Message Edited by lady_texan on 08-06-2009 04:27 AM
Message 8 of 17
Izaana
Regular Contributor

I used Krohn & Moss, google them. They were very nice, everything was through email and phone. They sued a CA (NCO) for me and got me 500 just for harassing me on the phone at home and at work.I paid them nothing, they got 3,000 from the lawsuit and I got 500...go figure. But hey, that CA is NEVER allowed to contact me or report on me againSmiley Very Happy

Speak with Nick Bontager and tell him the Muskegon, MI sent yaSmiley Wink

Message Edited by Izaana on 08-06-2009 07:35 AM
Message 9 of 17
lady_texan
New Contributor

Thanks much Izaana...I sure will I have the ITS letter typed and ready to go when the 10 day expiration hit then I will definitely contact Nick this is such a joyous moment...I had no idea what to do...live and learn and respect the gurusSmiley Happy

"Trying to live my next 30 years---DEBT FREE"Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.