Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My New Years Gift - a 4 Point Drop

tag
John060675
Valued Contributor

My New Years Gift - a 4 Point Drop

I check my EQ score daily with Scorewatch, and today I noticed a 4 point drop (from 642 to 638).  I realize that you probably should not check it daily, but it keeps me on point and focused on my recovery.

Anyway, when I saw the drop I decided to print out yesterday's report and today's report to see where the point drop came from.  Well, word for word, line by line, it was all the same.  Nothing reported, nothing changed, I mean it was exactly the same.  I combed it over very well.

I just wonder why the drop?  Could it have anything to do with the change in the year or a change to how the scoring formula is calculated for 2014?  I seriously doubt I was rebucketed with only a 4 point drop, so I am at a loss.

It is not a big deal, but I am just curious.  Thanks.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: My New Years Gift - a 4 Point Drop

That's weird, I monitor mine with score watch as well and got a 4 pt increase today.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 3
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: My New Years Gift - a 4 Point Drop

Congratulations on the 4 point bump.  Wish I could share the same success.  The only thing I can think of is that FICO tweaked their formula in some manner that took effect on January 1st which caused my score to drop 4 points.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.