Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rebuild Journal...any and all advice welcome

tag
bunga7
Regular Contributor

Re: My Rebuild Journal...any and all advice welcome

MyFico score keeps going up and down 5 or so points, but seems to have more to do with disoutes, and reporting the CC from my CU which I got in January.

Experian is still a b**ch to work with. They still report a collection as being pen that was charged off in BK. I contacted the school that was the OC, to again confirm that it was discharged in BK7. "We don't show any accounts of yours in collection. There is a hold on your account because it takes us 3-5 months to clear the account on our end." I'll have our cololections officer contact you Monday to make sure there isn't something I'm not seeing."

I asked who the CA was that the account was assigned to, and was told there is no information on it. So, I can't seem to even find out the CA who is STILL reporting this account and charging me monthly interest. I'm FRUSTRATED! Experian also is still reporting two accounts as closed, but not IIB, even though I sent them all the BK documentation I have. I need to find out how to either sue them, or find how to further dispute.

EQ and TU are reporting fine, and have deleted four student loans that had late dings from 2011 (they were consolidated.) In addition, two collections that had been showing on CR's have been corrected. Dept. of ED failed to consolidate all of two loans ($156 on one, and $400+- on another) I never even knew I had these charges until I filed for BK. Dept. of ED explained that those amounts should have been included in consolidation, but won't remove collections from my report. (only shows on EX.)

So, I have a two student loans in good standing. One with 10 year history of paying on time.

CU CC with 1K limit

CU line of credit $500 limit (not using)

Bank secured CC (gaurunteed to graduate after 1 yr) $300.

Keeping util below 9% and PIF on all cards.

IF I can get EX cleared up, I'd still like to app for CapOne (burned in BK) at 6 mos post-discharge.

Then garden. Fixing my old p/o mustang rather then purchasing a different car was best decision. For now.

Starting Score 12/2013: 547 EQ; 529 EX; 540 TU
Current Score: 3/8/16 711 EQ Fico; 710 EX (CU hard pull); 701 TU Fico
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
bunga7
Regular Contributor

Bad day yesterday dealing with a collections agency. It was not looking good. I was trying to track down a private student loan that I was told originally had been discharged in BK (I was very suspicious about that claim, knowing how hard it is to discharge.) Problem was trying to talk to the right people at ASU and two collection agencies. The loan is 10K and of coursee the CA would not work with me. Wanted a huge amount up front and large payments. My stomach was in a knot all day and didn't sllep well all night.

Today, I FINALLY was able to talk to the right person at ASU (the OC). I explained my situation and said I could make a lump sum payment if they would pull the collection back and get me out of default. ASU agreed to take $500 tomorrow (once they got the account set up with their billing), $500 at the end of the month. The person at ASU said to call him tomorrow to confirm the first payment was made; he would pull back the collection; and he assured me that they would immediately report to CRA's that the account was out of default. Monthly payments are a reasonable amount again, under $90 a month.

So, although the lates will still be there, the collection will be gone and I'll start reporting positive on the TL, with a payment I can afford. At this point, I didn't feel I could ask for the lates to be dropped. The dings are going to hurt me, but once out of default, I can consolidate with another private loan (10 yrs of on-time) and maybe at that time ask for a GW on the lates.

If anyone with any knowledge has any further advice with this, please respond. I'm hoping to get some type of uptick on my score once it's out of default?

Message 12 of 17
bunga7
Regular Contributor

It's been a hard trudge for someone with little patience.

Yesterday I made the first $500 payment to ASU, and called the manager to let him know. Overnight, I received an email from the account servicer that my account was now out of default. So far, so good. The email said that this would be a loan rehab, and after 9 months of on-time payments, they would remove the lates from my report. I didn;t know they private loans could be rehabbed. So, I'm all smile about that.

Also yesterday, I finally received my dispute report from Experian. There were still some accounts that showed CO instead of IIB. They did remove two accounts that had baddies. But what really threw me for a loop was that changed to Dept. of Ed Collections for a total of $600 to "included in BK7 as of 02/2014, even though my BK was discharged 10/2013. I called Dept of Ed, to get status of these two accounts (they are working to get them included in my consolidation loan of 09/2013 where they SHOULD have been to begin with.) DoE said to call again next week to check on status.

Against my better judgement, and because I was mad with EX about not putting some of my other accounts in IIB status, I called EX. Asked them specifically about the two DoE collection accounts, and he said they were reported to them (from their investigation that they were IIB). I have the feeling I better just let sleeping dogs lie here. However, I mentioned a few of the other accounts that should be IIB. He looke them up and made the changes while I was on the phone. I received n email last night showing the corrections.

So, as of now, I have all three CRA's reporting correctly. I have the ASU collection that should report correctly on EX "in 30-45 days." I still have a few lates reporting, but I the two DoE accounts now show IIB rather than in collection sh I THINK i'm much better off.

I feel like I should wait the 30 days and then pull all 3 CRA's to check accuracy. Or maybe not.

Message 13 of 17
bunga7
Regular Contributor

Great News!

Great News!...finally got my EX CR corrected. All collections have been removed: Two were changed to IIB; the other has been taken back by OC who is now reporting it in good status and with a reduction in balance of over 5K (most of which were CA charges added on.) All other accounts are reporting correctly.

SO, this resulted in a 57 POINT INCREASE in my EX score!

My current scores are:

631 EX

634 EQ

645 TU

Message 14 of 17
bunga7
Regular Contributor

Re: Great News!

current scores 6/6/14

exp. 628

eq    644

tu     663

Message 15 of 17
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Great job on your journal so far.

Congrats on getting your student loans rehabbed, I love that they go back and fix the prior lates. Keep up the great work, you're doing amazing.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 16 of 17
bunga7
Regular Contributor

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I can't seem to get  a cap one card, but I'm just going to garden what I have for awhile. I don't want to apply for anything until at least august, when some inquiries will drop down to 3. If I can, I'm going to just hold with what I'm doing until Oct, which will be 1-year post discharge. Then see if I can get Barcleys, or some other card.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.