Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rebuild Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Rebuild Story

So I decided to keep a thread of what I am doing, so I can track how things go and stay motivated.

This is not my first attempt at rebuilding but my first going forward with knowledge.

After losing my dad, a baby, husband diagnosed with a severe back condition, eldest son diagnosed with severe autism and our house flooding with no insurance (thought we had it); I can not fail to actually get good credit this go around.

My Scores - 4-25-07 My Fico

Tu - 536

Ex - 511

Eq - 529

I have two liens from the IRS which I am working with an attorney to do an Offer in Compromise. It should go through this year and release those. HOPING for a 100 at least point increase.

I have 17 collections but all but 4 are medical. I am going to work PFD with them as they are all small amounts or HIPAA them.

Verizon

Midland

Merrik

First Primer 

Above are the baddies I worry about not being able to get off but will do a Salutation Campaign on them soon.

My car is with Ally Financial, I have 3 30days 2 60 days and 1 90 days late with them. I still have a few years of paying on them though so I believe I MAY be able to get them off.

I have quite a few new accounts. I went nuts with the SCT because I was amazed I would get anything.

Disco - secured 200 CLI

Citi - secured 200 CLI
Open Sky sectured - 300
Surge(wish I read on this card first!) - 500
NewYork&Co - 500

Buckle - 250

Express - 250

WomanWithin - 250

I also have FingerHut Fresh Start - 300. I suspect when it graduates I MAY get 500. 

I had started with Disco and Open Sky with Fingerhut. I was going to stop there but when I went to my bank, they soft pulled and approved me for a citi secured. I accepted.

I then learned the SCT and really wanted a VS card as I LIVE there (modeling so tax write off) but it never came up. I even hard pulled when I saw NYC pop up. I then tried some other places I love, they worked but no VS. Hard app = denial Smiley Sad. Womanwithin was just random, but I can use on Brylane which I could use. 

I plan to ditch the Surge card, I was sleepy and didn't read about the card first ugh...

I will also say I started with Lexington Law. I didn't want them to just fix my problems though, I wanted to understand what they were doing which lead me here. As I began to learn, I decided I could do this myself. They did manage to get about 13 entries deleted, the above is what is left over. 

I am also handling my husband's rebuild with him too. We had a house that should never have been sold in the first place, flood. We had to flee it. We recently found a buyer and talking to our tax lawyer about structuring the deal so that we mitigate the tax liability for the short sale. Good thing though, it seems like Navy Federal is going to work with us and not even have it listed on my husband's credit anymore! I do not know if that means we can buy a house or if we have to wait after that though.

Anywho, will update at least once a month or if anything major happens

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Rebuild Story

Midland deletes after payment or settlement after the ageis 2 years of dofd or if you work out something within the first 30 days.  I wish all collection companies were like this.  In my case, having Midland deleted gave me a 50 point jump because it was the last collection.  It doesn't matter if its a $5.00 eal in collections you owe McDonalds or a 25,000 credit line you maxe out collections it will still count as the same amount of point hits.  This is why I wish everyone would do the same thing MIdland does.  In my option, a collection account should appear on your credit report.  But I also beleive if its been paid it should be dropped. It would be interesting to see how much Midland's collection success increased since implementing this.  Midland will be the easiest for you to work with.  It takes about 3-4 weeksafter payment to be deleted but they will delete. 

First Primier I had luck with.  I didn't know about PFD with charged of accounts at the time, but they were willing to settle for less.

Merrick I was able to settle for less.  I wasn't too worried about the delete because it was going to fall off my cr a month later, but the DOLA was before 6 years so they could of still sued me.  Appearently my bill pay was still sending them payments after the CO.

With your Verion, you could call verizon direct and see if they willl recall the collection in exchange for payment.  What I mean be recalling, have them cancel the collection.  By them canceling it would be as if the CA was never hired, and that TL gets deleted with it.

I have a Surge card and i wish I never had it either.  They have an auto payment on their website, but it stops working all the time and their excuse is your check got returned from the bank.  In fairness, if you don't mind the 229 in fees a year your actually paying to simulate your credit score if you turn on the autopayment....I mean dont trust their auto payment and pay it your self every month.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, marieland! Welcome to the forum. Smiley Happy

It sounds like you have a solid plan in place. I will be looking forward to seeing your updates as you progress. I know a lot of people on here are knowledgeable about removing baddies (I am not one of them since I am stuck with my BK for the duration), so I know you will get a lot of help and support. 

Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much Tom! That gives me motivation to really attack them next! Midland seems to be the nicest to work with. 

I will call Verizon and see if they will recall the debt. I didn't know they could do that. 

Message 4 of 23
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you so much Tom! That gives me motivation to really attack them next! Midland seems to be the nicest to work with. 

I will call Verizon and see if they will recall the debt. I didn't know they could do that. 

In my experience in helping my sister with a Verizon debt they will work with you in getting it recalled. I offered to PIF in return for removing the collection notice from her reports which they did in 60 days or so if I remember correctly.

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

1st PRIMER IS DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a thread on here showing an email addres. Just got the letter in the mail stating it will be deleted in 45 days! Forwarding that sucker to the bueraus now

Message 6 of 23
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats OP! Small steps but they'll get you to where you need to go.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soo called Verizon, they said they do not recall debts Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE - Called twice more, and three times is the charm. While I do not have the IN FULL amount at this moment, they will allow me to call in and pay on the 15th. Though they said they wouldn't delete Smiley Sad GW campagin I guess

Message 9 of 23
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

That's strange. Did they happen to say why? And like you mentioned a GW letter should hopefully be more than sufficent.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.