My Rebuilding Journey

Filed BK:13 in 11/16

Discharged 12/16

Disputed accounts on credit reports 1/17

Got OpenSkyCC 1/17

Got CreditOne 2/17 "As soon and opensky started reporting"

2/22/2017

Fico Scores are TU:474; EX:474; EQ:497

Will update this as I go though the process.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: My Rebuilding Journey

Welcome to myFICO! I am glad you are sharing this as it will help others. Good luck and keep us posted

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be following... Congrats and keep posting!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

It seems like just yesterday I was staring down similar numbers. That was Nov 2014 and with 2 full years behind me I've got numbers I'm proud of and something like 24 accounts all in good standing and not one neg on my report. It's a good feeling seeing the numbers fly up; also a frustrating journey at times but it'll all come together.

ymmv and I don't know what the consensus is on this board (but I can guess...) CreditOne sends me crap in the mail aaalll the time and their terms / deals / limits are absurd borderline predatory in my opinion. You have a different lens when you have more options and you can choose vs them choosing you, but just my $0.02 there

Starting out the Cap One Secured was my first line and it was a fantastic card that opened the door to my favorite daily driver, the Quicksilver.

That is one thing to consider when opening secured cards. What other options are available in that company line.

If you're spooked by your numbers - I had similar numbers and was approved immediately for Capital One and I even had an old chargeoff with Capital One...figure that one out! 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome, abnormalspring! I look forward to seeing your journey unfold.☺
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.