Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rebuilding Journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Rebuilding Journey

So I have been a long time reader and this is my first post. 

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great info here. 

So here is what happened to me. I had really great credit before late 2014 when I got hurt at work. When this occurred, my workmans comp was not enough to pay every bill and started to fall behind on payments that I carried a balance on.  I have worked to rebuild since then. Since my rebuild I have sorta hit a brick wall trying to get some more negatives removed. Here is my journey. 

Current Fico is 617 on EQ. Credit Karma has me at 590, 585. 

These are my accounts I have/had including how far I fell behind when I was hurt and out of work. 

Current Open accounts:

2 Cap One both with $1000 CL. Balance about $500 on both. (Will pay down with tax return) I was 90 days late at one point in 2015 with these. Been current since.  Opened  both in 2009. 

As soon as I pay these down closer to 0 I may GW these on account I haven't missed a payment since and been a long customer. (Tips?)

Fingerhut- $0 Balance CL $400. 

Closed:

Citicards- Was 90 days behind. Account was closed but I am current on it. Opened 2007. Balance remaining $300.00 Credit Limit was $1500.  Balance was $700.00 when I got hurt and fell behind in late 2014. Haven't been late in almost 2 years. 

I have send multiple GW to Citi. No luck. Tried the corporate office in SD with the generic letter late last year. In Feb I mailed a few letters to the NY office oddly I received another letter back from the Office of the President in SD instead with copies of the first 2 letters and responses from them that I had sent. I just sent out yesterday 3 more letters to 3 more addresses I found to see what happens. Again any tips would help here. 

Gettington: balance was $500.00 CL was $1200.00. 90 days late in 2015. Current now. Balance down to under $300.00. Tried GW. Got the generic we cannot remove information response. Will try again and remind them there is no law against them removing info. Any tips? 

Amazon: Paid CO- Just got removed via GW.

FPB (Don't ask why I opened it) Was stupid. Used it once just to use before I got hurt. Couln't catch back up with fees...  Paid CO. Removed via FCRA 623 letter. 

Walmart: Balance was $700.00 CL was $2000.00. Was late 90 days. Now Current and haven't been late since 2015.  May try the same route as Amazon here in a few months. 

Figi's: Christmas gifts for family in 2014. Only charged $80.00 on it. This one was kind of my fault and was forgotten about during the time in and out of hospitals. They CO'ed with a balance of $31.45 left. I called and they verbally agreed to removed remark for the payment. 

So here I am. I got the main charge offs removed. But those that I am current now but I had negatives, it seems like they don't want to do anything. Like I said my 2 open and current Cap One cards I am planning to pay down with my tax refund. Any tips would be appreciated. 

As for other score details. I have 2 inquiries that will fall off within the next few months from 2015. One Comcast, and the other Sprint. 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.