cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rebuilding Log! Any Advice Is Appreciated.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Rebuilding Log! Any Advice Is Appreciated.

I started reviewing and acting on my credit report 9/24/15.  My score on that date was as follows:  Equifax 533 Transunion 490 and Experian 528. 

I have disputed and have had removed the swissy colon (was not mine), Springleaf with acct number 8111 removed after dispute.  I am disputing currently the HSBC and Portfolio.  I am waiting for a removal fro those two because they are not mine.  Porfolio is giving me a run around.  HSBC is being crazy because they changed my Experian report to reflect good credit which I have no understanding of why when it is not mine.  I am trying to do a setlement with CACH, LLC but they are doing a settlement with me without PTD which I dont like because it will not help me?  Correct? 

I had nothing as actively open to help me gain with payment history so I have opened up a Fingerhut Fresh Start and a Secured Capitol One Card.  Capital One is not reporting yet.  Made a payment on Fingerhut which has not reported yet.  My score today sits at Equifax 553 Transunion 512 Experian 532. 

I have home and land paid for and I am trying to get a cash out loan to renovate it, pay off old debt, and send kid to community college.  I have the income and work length and history.  Credit score is the only thing holding me back. :-( 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: My Rebuilding Log! Any Advice Is Appreciated.

@Anonymous wrote:

I started reviewing and acting on my credit report 9/24/15.  My score on that date was as follows:  Equifax 533 Transunion 490 and Experian 528. 

I have disputed and have had removed the swissy colon (was not mine), Springleaf with acct number 8111 removed after dispute.  I am disputing currently the HSBC and Portfolio.  I am waiting for a removal fro those two because they are not mine.  Porfolio is giving me a run around.  HSBC is being crazy because they changed my Experian report to reflect good credit which I have no understanding of why when it is not mine.  I am trying to do a setlement with CACH, LLC but they are doing a settlement with me without PTD which I dont like because it will not help me?  Correct? 
Even though they will not do a PFD, I would still pay it.  It will be updated to paid and it looks good to future lenders that view your profile.

I had nothing as actively open to help me gain with payment history so I have opened up a Fingerhut Fresh Start and a Secured Capitol One Card.  Capital One is not reporting yet.  Made a payment on Fingerhut which has not reported yet.  My score today sits at Equifax 553 Transunion 512 Experian 532. 

I have home and land paid for and I am trying to get a cash out loan to renovate it, pay off old debt, and send kid to community college.  I have the income and work length and history.  Credit score is the only thing holding me back. :-( 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I pay the 200.00 on the account to settle will it restart the date that it will fall off of my report?

Message 3 of 4
Pway
Valued Contributor

They will report the account as settled.  IIRC this does not reset the date it will fall off your reports. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.