Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Situation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Situation

Hi everyone! I am new to the forums here and found a lot of what I read to be very informative; however, I feel it best to explain my situation to see if someone can point me in the right direction. I am 26. I had about 30k of credit card debt as a result of college tuition and books. Things got tough payment wise and I was talked into joining a CCCS program. I didn't realize the negative impact that it would have on my report, and in hindsight wish I had never done it; however, they say credit companies will negotiate with you, but they don't. No matter how many times you ask, or how pristine your payment history was. At any rate, I just paid off the majority of my debt and have about $6k left. When I receive my tax return I will pay everything off; but, in December I had some issues (vet bills) that threw me off. I stopped paying everything (student loans, credit cards (citi, chase, discover) and personal loan (local credit union)) but notified them that I would make payments when I could; however, planned on payment in full by the middle of march. Needless to say, they were nice on the phone but collections calls are still bombarding me (NCO is horrible BTW).

I will make payments to the creditors directly by mid-march for the full payoff amount; however, would like to know:

1) Is it possible to ask them to remove the late payment reporting from my credit report since I am paying in full and did not have any payment issues prior to Dec 2008?

2) Since I was using CCCS, can I have any of my accounts reopened (perhaps with diff terms)? I have been with them all since I was 18.

3)How should I go about removing the collections report from my credit report? Should I send a PFD (I think) or do something else? (all amounts in collections were under $800)

4) What is the best way to rebuild my credit? I was thinking the Orchard Bank Secured Card. When I applied they said I was pre-approved for the Platinum non-secured card but then when I went forward with the app I was told they would make their decision in 10-14 business days (ie I am not approved)

5) Can I ask the creditors to remove the note that the accounts were managed by CCCS as I am paying them in full on my own at this time?

I am sorry if some of these questions belong in different topics, but I wanted to get the whole situation laid out there. Any and all responses are greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.