Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Story

My story, more of a history for myself and an example for others. Please post any recomendations that may help.

My History: youth, divorce, illness, job loss, blah blah blah time to move forward

Score History

May 2015 Ex 431

May 2016 Ex 424

August BK Discharged

August 2016 Ex 622 EQ 601 TU 598 (From Mortgage App)

November 2016 EQ 643 (From Discover)

Current Lines of Credit

Credit One $400 8/2016

Discover (Secured) $200 10/2016

Merrik $750 TBD(In Mail)

FCU Auto Loan $5,000 Reaffirmed 9/2016

Student Loan $10,071 Opened 10/2016 Deferred 

Student Loan $49,800 Opened 10/2012 Deferred 

Land Contract on Rental $30,000 8/2016

Liabilities $93,871 (HOLY S@#$)

CC - $0

Rental House - $29,000

Auto Loan - $5,000

SL - $59,871

Assets(willing to sell) $46,000

Rental House $35,000

Caddy $3,000

Durango $7,000 - Up for Sale SOLD

Boat $700 - Up for Sale

Bike $300 - Up for Sale

Credit Building Issues/Attempts (Basically my Path)

Filed BK to eliminate a lawsuit I lost

EX reporting old CC as open, 11/29/16 - dispute finished, balance set to $0 but still reporting as open, will leave alone for now since shows credit limit of $2k

All 3 reporting collections after BK, Closed all have been removed

Several CC inquires --> opened 2

Captial One Charged off May 2016 --> Re-apply in June 2017

Credit One Phone call --> Apply for CLI in Feburary per Represenative

Working on 2nd house purcahse, got pre-approved for mortgage with $0 down from local CU

No more new credit inquires untill June 2017, will continue to grow Discover by $100/month through additional deposits

11/28/16 - 2nd Home purchase, got terms yesterday, 5% down 6% interest, **bleep**ty interest rate, but what do i expect i just filed BK lol

- Trying to get $ together for closing costs 

12/6/16 - opened PenFed Account, applied for NFCU account

1/3/17 - Got First Premier "Pre-Approved" Offer

1/4/17 - Got Merrik "Pre-Approved Offer

1/4/17 - Accepted Merrik Offer

Helpful Posts

How to join NFCU http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/How-to-join-NCFU-and-rebuild-as-a-civilian-the-right-way/...

How to Join NFCU2 http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Navy-Federal-CU-The-REAL-way-in-for-those-that-dont...

BK --> 700 http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...

BK Friendly CC http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-Friendly-Credit-Cards-Pt-2/td-p/3999737

Back Door Numbers http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Secured Card Database http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Secured-Cards-Database/m-p/3854048#M399452

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Story

If you don't mind my asking, how did you manage to keep a rental house through a BK filing? I thought the property exclusion only applied to your auto and personal residence?

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My story, more of a history for myself and an example for others. Please post any recomendations that may help.

History, youth, divorce, illness, job loss, blah blah blah time to move forward

Score History

May 2015 Ex 431

May 2016 Ex 424

August BK Discharged

August 2016 Ex XXX EQ XXX TU XXX (600s need to get paper from home to see what they are)

Current Lines of Credit

Credit One $400 8/2016

Discover (Secured) $200 10/2016

FCU Auto Loan $5,000 Reaffirmed 9/2016

Student Loan $10,071 Opened 10/2016 Deferred 

Student Loan $49,800 Opened 10/2012 Deferred 

Land Contract on Rental $30,000 8/2016

Liabilities $93,871 (HOLY S@#$)

CC - $0

Rental House - $29,000

Auto Loan - $5,000

SL - $59,871

Assets(willing to sell) $46,000

Rental House $35,000

Caddy $3,000

Durango $7,000

Boat $700

Bike $300

Credit Building Issues/Attempts (Basically my Path)

Filed BK to eliminate a lawsuit I lost

EX reporting old CC as open, continued dispute, have proof from original creditor

All 3 reporting collections after BK, Closed all have been removed

Several CC inquires --> opened 2

Captial One Charged off May 2016 --> Re-apply in June 2017

Credit One Phone call --> Apply for CLI in Feburary per Represenative

Working on 2nd house purcahse, got pre-approved for mortgage with $0 down from local CU

No more new credit inquires untill June 2017, will continue to grow Discover by $100/month through additional deposits

Don't "grow" your secured card. It does not help scores and needlessly ties up cash.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was negotiating the land contract separately from the BK, I signed the land contract literally the same day I got my discharge papers. So, in legal terms I did not technically own the house prior/ while in BK, it was a post BK purchase.

So, you think just leave the $200 limit and wait for them to graduate it to an un-secured card?

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was negotiating the land contract separately from the BK, I signed the land contract literally the same day I got my discharge papers. So, in legal terms I did not technically own the house prior/ while in BK, it was a post BK purchase.

So, you think just leave the $200 limit and wait for them to graduate it to an un-secured card?

Thats what I would recommend - use that cash instead to get a second or third secured card. You want have three cards minimum so you can optimize your UTI.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know there are plenty of good secured cards to choose from, but what is your personal opnion on best choice for a card that graduates. That was my main decision maker in choosing Discover was because it had good track record or graduating. Capital One is not a choice at the moment due to me having 2 charge offs with them.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1. BOFA secured card tends to graduate around 8-12months and from.others have stated its limit grow in a faster rate they will always be a HP with them.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I know there are plenty of good secured cards to choose from, but what is your personal opnion on best choice for a card that graduates. That was my main decision maker in choosing Discover was because it had good track record or graduating. Capital One is not a choice at the moment due to me having 2 charge offs with them.

A lot of people recommend BoA secured as one that graduates - personally I despise BoA, but thats just me.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to say, BoA card has not gotten great reviews on this site. Then again neither has credit one so IDK it’s a difficult choice.

Discover was top as far as graduating and consumer review so obviously I got it.

Citi Also ranked high, but I don’t think they will give me a card while BK is reporting.

Anyone have any experience with Wells Fargo Secured Card? Or how about First National Bank secured? Both of these have good track records of graduating to unsecured.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about US Bank Harley Davidson Rewards Card (secured)?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.