Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Sucess Story So Far

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Sucess Story So Far

I wanted to post my success story with TU and EX.  I decided to tackle my CR in March 08.  I have had the following removed from

TU
HSBC Bank - $803
Meta Bank - $425
Midland Credit - $1215
Crd Prt Assoc - $129
Afni (Alltel) - $2763
NCO Fin (Medical) - $279
Valley Credit (Medical) - $301
Judgement - $289
Judgement -  (Midland Credit) - $797

My FICO score was 514 in March, went up to 573 October 2 and back down to 559 on October 7!  I know my score will go back up.  I am just completely happy that I was able to get 9 collections and/or judgements removed for a total of $7001, WOO HOO!  I have had one new account added Crown Jewelers.

EX
HSBC Bank - $803
Midland Credit - $1215
Midland Credit - $803
Green Tree - 42,759 (still on my account by amount owed is $0)
Crd Prt Assoc - $129
Judgement -  (Midland Credit) - $797

My FICO score was 537 in March and is now sitting at 588.  I am just completely happy that I was able to get 6 collections and/or judgements removed for a total of $46506, WOO HOO!I have had 2 new accounts.  One Crown Jewelers and Continental Finance.

I have also had some lates removed and accounts marked as closed (paid).

I have not had the pleasure of getting anything removed from EQ.  Boy are they hard to work with.  I think once I have the Green Tree $42,759 removed to a $0 balance on both EQ and TU my utilization will go down and my scores will rise.

This adventure has not been easy.  But it has been so worth it.  It is my fault that my credit is in the shape that it is, although the midland accounts were not mine and I was so happy to get rid of them on my EX and TU CR.  They are still sitting on my EQ CR.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Veee
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Sucess Story So Far

Thats good work so far!  How did you get rid of your Midlands?  Was it as easy as sending them a DV? hehehe, hopefully!

Myfico scores as of 11/12/08 TU 750 EX 722

MyFico scores as of 9/20/08 TU 638 EX 663 EQ 691
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

HECK NO! Smiley Mad

I DV'd Midland 2 time in March and August.  No answer from them.  Filed a compliant with BBB case was unsolvable because I would not sign a release for Midland.  They must think I am nuts.

TU and EX just removed Midland when I disputed with the CRA's EQ on the other hand verified it.  Seems EQ verifies EVERYTHING.  So at this point I am going to send EQ my two GC and letters and see if they can still verifiy it.  The judgements on my CR from Midland were not mine and were not in the court house here. 

Message 3 of 9
Veee
Frequent Contributor

O I believe you as my Midland account isn't mine either! 

GL

Veee

Myfico scores as of 11/12/08 TU 750 EX 722

MyFico scores as of 9/20/08 TU 638 EX 663 EQ 691
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thank you for sharing your success story.  It's encouraging to know that hard work WILL pay off.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Very new to this.  Just started working on my report.  How are you getting negative items removed.  I have two collection accounts which I have been paying down and a few newer accounts in good standing.  I have four accounts that I settled for less than the full balance. Can something be done about those showing on my report as settled rather than paid/closed?  I went from an average of 770 to currently being at 595, 600 and 605... HELP!!!!!

Message 6 of 9
cfletch123
Established Member

How did you get HSBC deleted?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC hit there 7 year mark.  Sorry I should have stated that.  But this is the only account that hit its fall off mark.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Very new to this.  Just started working on my report.  How are you getting negative items removed.  I have two collection accounts which I have been paying down and a few newer accounts in good standing.  I have four accounts that I settled for less than the full balance. Can something be done about those showing on my report as settled rather than paid/closed?  I went from an average of 770 to currently being at 595, 600 and 605... HELP!!!!!

I disputed with the CRA.   

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.