Regular Contributor

Re: My credit rebuild journal

Congrats! Great progress!!
Message 11 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Smiley Very Happy

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 12 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Just got alert that Barclay has added acount to all my credit reports. They are no joke! Whatever happen to when the first statement cuts? Thank goodness it didn't affect my score.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 13 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Got a Credit Alert that new student loans are reporting. Didn't affect my score Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Unique December 2012 update

Decided to do updates monthly without editing original post. Edited to add accomplishments for December 2012 and Apple Credit Union Denial

The only baddie I have besides IIB accounts that is hurting my score is rehabilitated student loan. This is effecting my 700 goal post 2 year filing.

Still have not updated my credit scores. Will be contacting to see the update.

• Filed bankruptcy 4/2011
  • Discharged 10/2011
  • Entered Rehabilitation for student loan February 2012
  • Checked credit score (myFICO Equifax 523) March 2012
  • Finance a car 04/2012 (Capital One Auto 8%)
  • Read I needed revolving accounts 6/2012
  • Applied for Capitol One unsecured and approved $500 limit June 2012
  • Applied for Barclay and was denied (no revolving credit cards)
  • Applied for a secured Capitol One Card deposited $1000.00 June 2012
  • Pulled all three credit reports and clean up all items that were not IIB. Equifax score was 562 August 2012
  • After fixing all accounts Equifax is now 643 Transunions 628 (myFICO score)
  • HSBC/Capital One was hard to IIB, finally updated in December 2012 on all reports after filing BBB complaint.
  • finished rehabilitation for HESC on October 27, 2012. Called and was told loan was picked up November 19, 2012. No changes to credit reports as of yet.
  • Sent GW letter to VP office Fed loans. Late removals denied. Received response November 2012
  •  Capital One unsecured card received $250 auto increase Smiley Happy December 2012
  •  Applied and approved for Apple Barclay  card December 2012
  • Applied for Apple Financial Credit union secured visa and denied due to BK December 2012

Right now my credit report has the following negative factors

Student loans lates (last late April 2012) in-school forbearance now

Student loan collections (waiting for rehabilitation completion to report) Still waiting...... 

Inquires: Last hard pull December 5, 2012

Inquires less than 12 months old:

Tranunion: 2 ( both a year old in December 2013)

Equifax: 9  (7 will be a year in April 2013. 2 will be a year old in June 2013

Experian: 6 (3 will be a year in April 2013. 3 will be a year old in June 2013

Message 15 of 41
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Unique December 2012 update

Grest job! What was FICO score when you got your Apple Visa?

Message 16 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Grest job! What was FICO score when you got your Apple Visa?

According to myfico it was 628. On the letter from Barclay it was 632.

edited to state they pulled TU

Message 17 of 41
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Great job! Just be careful about getting new accounts for the next year, as Barclays will check your CRs.

Message 18 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I have read tons of threads on it. I was planning on letting it grow for a few months. Would like just one more card to keep three revolving credit cards and close my secured card. 

Message 19 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Just got a Equifax alert that one of my student loan accounts now show "paid as agreed", but the other one is still reporting collection. I guess I am going to have to contact Nelnet to let them know they are missing an account.

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.