Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit rebuild journal

tag
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Financial Credit Union secured credit card denied

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Hang in there and wait for the letter. Then do the recon. This a marathon not a sprint. It will work out in the end.

LOL I am fine! I don't take decline as a set back, because I know that it is a learning process and it takes time Smiley Happy  I am walking through this process. trust me! I only tried them because I read a few threads about them. I got the letter electronically through email and to be honest, there customer service is awful. They told me that all they needed was my drivers license, then they told me my membership was denied because they couldn't very my identity after faxing and even scan and emailing my license. The process was just plan sad. They have you on hold forever and until I contacted the executve office I couldnt get a response. Who takes 28 days to respond? 

I am still happy happy with my process so far! I am not at all discourage Smiley Happy Thanks for the response!

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 31 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Unique -

Congratulations on your increase!!  I am sorry about the Apple thing though, hopefully it will all work out!

You are so positive and so patient about the whole process, I am still learning and you are so inspiring.  Good luck and keep us updated Smiley Happy!

Message 32 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Unique -

Congratulations on your increase!!  I am sorry about the Apple thing though, hopefully it will all work out!

You are so positive and so patient about the whole process, I am still learning and you are so inspiring.  Good luck and keep us updated Smiley Happy!

Hi bradmaster,

Thanks. I am learning to not let anything get to me in the process, because almost a year ago I was afraid to even look at my credit report! lol. We are learning togather so hang in there. I am taking it one creditor at a time Smiley Happy I am still waiting to get NYS Hesc off my reports an Ed Finanical to update my student loan. Then let it gardening for a while to see if I can hit 700 soon. Hope your journey is going great as well.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 33 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Unique620 Rebuild Journal

Loving Score Watch Smiley Happy

Just got an update that Ed Financial has updated credit report. So now both student loans that were rehab are now reporting "paid as agreed". 

Next step:

• Send GW to Ed Financial concerning late notations
  • Contact NYS Hesc if accounts are not deleted within the next week.

Message 34 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unique620 Rebuild Journal

Score Watch is great!

My disputed SLs did not fall off - but they were updated.   

Baddies still there but I am going to try GWs and see if they are nice to me Smiley Happy 

Good luck!!

Message 35 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Great to hear! same to you Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Now all my credit reports are up to date. The default loan account is gone and both accounts are showing closed and paid as agreed. New lender has not reported loans on my report. Now time to work on GW letter. Unfortunately no score change since I am still dealing with a SW collection account that was added to my report this month. They update it every Saturday so I get an alert weekly reminding me its there. I can't wait till this is off so I can see how the default loan removal effecting my score. 

Message 37 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Re: Unique620 February 2013

Finally got Collections removed from report from AT&T and student loan default removed, but still waiting for new lender to report it on credit report. Plan to contact new lender again about not reporting my account to credit report since it will help with age of accounts, and stay in the garden for a while. 

Message 38 of 41
Hopefull123
Valued Member

Re: My credit rebuild journal

Hello, have you had any luck with your Ed Financial GW?
I have two student loans with them and in 2007 I was past due 90 days on both. I've been current since then and have sent several GW letters but no success.
Message 39 of 41
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Re: My credit rebuild journal

@Hopefull123 wrote:
Hello, have you had any luck with your Ed Financial GW?
I have two student loans with them and in 2007 I was past due 90 days on both. I've been current since then and have sent several GW letters but no success.

I have not sent the GW out, because I first had to get them to fix the status from collections to  "paid as agreed". I wanted to wait a month and then work on. Will post when I complete. So far I have not seen anyone successful.

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.