Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit rebuilding journey

tag
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

Re: My credit rebuilding journey, or, a trip on what not to do

My Fico score from Barclay's updated... 741!!!! I thought it would go down because of all the inq and new accounts! I'll take it! Util ~14% right now, gotta get it paid down.

Also, just out of curiosity, I got on DW's Cap1 account and requested a CLI, approved from $500 to $3,500! So glad to see that one going in the right direction!

Hover over card to see limits

Starting score 3/2013 - 585. Score as of 5/2014 - 725.
Message 21 of 25
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Look at you!

Congrats! Still following this journal!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 22 of 25
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

I was planning on staying in the garden, but got an itchy trigger finger and app'd for Marriott Rewards CC. I'm already Platinum with them since I travel so much, it just kinda made sense to get their card...  Guess what?

Approved!!!!!!

$11,400 !!!!!!  I'll take it! that puts me at... calculating...   $56,250 Total Credit Limit. Wow. 

Current Discover Credit Score is at 715, Util is at 9% (Need to bring that down), Inq @ 10, Current income is 58k. Average age is ~6 years.

Message 23 of 25
Insoc
New Contributor

Wish it was this easy for Post BK Rebuilding, my FAKO with Credit Karma is 674 currently, it was 699 prior to the new formulas dropped it in July now it's rising back.  I am 14 months post BK Discharge.  I just got a Merrick Visa CC, $700 limit to start, first and currently my only CC since Discharge.  It comes with free Go Score FICO TU and I checked it as soon as I activated the card, say's 575 which is a big variance from my FAKO.  

I also have a loan, currently $15K payoff at 9.99% APR, not the highest but not the greatest, I bought the car before I filed BK, when my credit was hit with some late payments and cards that went to collections.  

Have you seen any negatives with hard pulls?  It looks like within a year you got a lot of cards and etc?  I'm even afraid to go to my local CU to see if I can refinance and getting a hard pull and denial.

Message 24 of 25
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

It's worth a shot going for the refi. I sent you a pm with some info you might find helpful.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.