Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit rebuilding progress......

tag
newhorizon
Established Member

My credit rebuilding progress......

Hello All,

I just wanted to say thanks to all here who have given advise and shared their stories. I thought it would be time to share my story!!!You all rock !!! Reading success stories here really give you the confidence and patience needed to follow the road to good credit. When I first joined I was skeptical that I would even get this far but with alot of patience and work it has been possible.

I am here on a daily basis reading and learning. I joined back in September after finally realizing that I needed to do something with my credit. It really was embarrasing to apply for credit and getting the denied message EVERY SINGLE TIME.

In the last 5 months, I have been able to remove 3 bad accounts thorugh GW and PFD (First Premier, Credigy Receivables and Asset acceptance). I have been able to remove 3 state tax liens from Experian (even thoug I had no success with EQ and TU) . I am currently working on getting a Fed tax lien removed . I have forwarded the letters received from the IRS authorizing the withdrawal to all 3 agencies.

I am interested in seeing what the change in score will be once I remove the Federal tax liens as it was reported in July of last year. I am hoping for a noticeble increase. Has anyone seen an increase?

Since joining I have opened 4 accounts. 1st one with capital one secured card with a limit of $400. Another with Fingerhut with a limit of $600. Another with Walmart at $200 CL. And lastly with Firestone with approval of $800 (as of today).

I also joined my local credit union in hopes to build a relationship with them and obtaining a small loan from them (in the future).

I have been paying on time and in full each month (and staying below 30% of usage) so hopefully my scores will rise more. At this point I am in the mid 600's across the board. When I started, my scores were in the mid 500's.

I guess my goal for the next few months is to let these opened accounts age and ALWAYS PAY ON TIME!!!.

Any advise that you think will benefit would be great!!!

Thanks again all!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My credit rebuilding progress......

Awesome! I have a account with Assets can you tell me what you did to have it removed? and message the number you sent it too, thank you

Message 2 of 4
newhorizon
Established Member

I actually paid them back in September. In October I sent a GW letter to them. They did not respond but 2 weeks later it was removed from 2 of the credit agencies. I then disputed with TU (by mail) and it was removed a week later. I'll message you the number and address I used for AA.

Thanks!!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.