My credit rebuilding update...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit rebuilding update...

Hola all!

Been a while I've been here!

I filed for BK7 in March 2015, fully discharged June 2015

Got 3 credit cards, Merrick (closed within a year before $72 fee kicks in), Barclay: now $5,500, Discover: now $3,000 and Capital One QS: now $6,500 PLUS authorized on my lovely wife's AmEx EBC which was auto CLI recently to $12,000.

I checked $1 CreditCheck and my scores are (FICO):

EQ 681
TU 649
EX 682

I was surprised that TU dropped that much from 662. All credit usage is currenty at 1% from 8% so I guess I have to be patient on that crazy score!

Right now, I am working with NACA mortgage. My telephone appointment is next month and see how it goes from there. NACA knows about my BK7 and said that I cannot CLOSE on or before June 17th (my 2nd year post-discharge) So it's perfect for us since our lease ends in September Smiley Happy

Funny, I no longer worry about FICO scores like I did post BK filing. I have been getting good offers from credit card companies (both Subprime and good). I have NO interest of obtaining another credit at all until AFTER closing on a house!

Cheers!

CAMailman

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My credit rebuilding update...

Do you have an installment reporting or is that just from the cards?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have an installment reporting or is that just from the cards?

Whoops! Yes, Parent student loan PLUS...always paid on time.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous.

Welcome back.  You've been missed.  Glad things are progressing well for you.  Good luck on the mortgage.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous.

Welcome back.  You've been missed.  Glad things are progressing well for you.  Good luck on the mortgage.

Thank you, kaykay65 Smiley Happy I miss logging in MyFICO but I have been so busy with work, new wife, crazy dogs, and now with mortgage process. I will never stop visiting MyFICO Smiley Wink

Cheers!

CAMailman

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.