cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit repair journey: AWA, Marauder, Unique, Union Bank, Enhanced Recovery, AFNI, IC Sys, IRS

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

My credit repair journey: AWA, Marauder, Unique, Union Bank, Enhanced Recovery, AFNI, IC Sys, IRS

Thought I would put this in writing.  Maybe some minor detail can help someone else.  I truly appreciate the heros in this forum;  you guys need capes!  Smiley Wink

This is the last major leg of baddies, and within a few months I'll have my cards paid down to 2-9%.  I'm in the garden until spring 2014.  I want my reports clean of debt and clean of inquiries!  In 4 to 6 months time any possible CLI's should start to kick in, I'm excited to see what my USAA cards do!  I've learned so much here.

• Union Bank - "settled/chargeoff"  REMOVED MARCH 2013

In March I sent a GW and they agreed to delete!  Done thanks to this forum! 

• SchoolsFirst - 60x late on closed VISA acct (they close c/c and open new ones each time you get a CLI)

This c/c had a 60-day back in Sept 2008. I called them, they won't remove. I mailed a GW in March - have not heard yet.  Will repeat in May and will continue to repeat every few mos until they agree or it drops off (Aug 2014).  Update:  I decided to stop trying with this one since my GW letter caused them to re-report and now it looks as if I have a new negative poppuing up, even though its from 5 year ago.  This should drop by Aug 2015.  Oh well.

• Enhanced Recovery (AT&T)  $111 $0 balance  REMOVED 5/23/13 - RE-INSERTED 8/1/13 to EQ AS ZERO BAL PAID COLLECTION  REMOVED 9/25/13

3/13  Mailed DVCRR - recd validation letter and said they will delete (yes, this was confusing!) - to date they have not deleted

4/23  Paid OC and mailed GW to CA, copied their letter saying they would delete, advised paid AT&T directly, hope I didn't piss them off  Smiley Wink

5/14  Still there... been 60 days since deletion letter so filed online dispute with EX 

8/1  Pops up on EQ as paid account??  It was never on EQ to begin with...

8/6  Emailed Enhanced Rec to delete.

8/9  Recd email back saying they will delete and they confirmed it was not supposed to be reported.  Was missing the copy of deletion letter so they will resend to me.  At least they are curteous and easy to reach. Gave me the "will be deleted in 7 to 45 days" schpeal.
9/24/13  Still on my report.......  (46th day) Emailed Kelley Williams@ER who sent me another deletion letter.  
9/24/13  Started online dispute with EQ.

9/25/13  Gone!  Not sure if it was ER's request or my dispute.  Hoping it will stay gone this time!

• AWA Collections (School district)  $157  $0 balance  REMOVED 5/21/13

3/29  Emailed PFD - replied only with "call us"

3/29  Mailed DVCRR - they validated so I MAILED the PFD on 4/19 reg mail

Have been reading forum threads that show many people who have gotten AWA to PFD, without this being in writing.  I read that they report at the end of the month and so since they are closed weekends I will call to PFD on Monday if they verbally state they will delete instead of waiting for their letter respone (that may or may not come).  I have read no one saying they haven't deleted after verbal promise.  End of month is Tuesday so maybe I can make it!  Someone did receive a PFD letter back, apparently it's not an issue with them.
4/29  PAID!  They will delete when they report end of month (within next few days) and will send me a deletion letter so send to the CRA if I don't see a deletion.
5/10  Recd deletion letter but still showing. Any moment now...  tap tap

5/21  Gone! 

• Marauder / Northern Collection & Recovery (ACC) $420  "My personal nightmare gone glorious!"  $0 balance  REMOVED 5/17/13

3/13  Sent DVCRR - received nothing to date from Marauder, but recd a dunning letter & a settlement offer from Northern. Upon researching, Northern's two addresses (different on each letter) belong to Marauder.  Called OC, they will take direct payment.
4/26 Paid OC.  Long story short, they never used outside CA's so she did some legwork and they had my info because the OC purchased Marauder owner' "Bill Collector in a Box" and the software uses Marauder people to collect.  She discovered a long list of accounts (including mine) that they never collected on through the software purchase and wonders if they did collect just where is all that money?!  She will pull my account back, have them DELETE immediately, and boy is she mad at Marauder.  Ha!  Love it.  If you have Marauder or any of their companies, I advise to pay the OC if possible as the money may never make it's way to your OC.  I have a feeling this will be a good week.  Removing this one will clear my TU of baddies, then all I have is EX to clean, and EQ is already clean.  Crossing my fingers for a pretty little bump.  Smiley Wink   
5/14  Disputed online with TU & EX to remove Marauder on basis: 1) that they never verified, 2) CA "Northern" sent dunning, and 3) PIF OC 
5/16  Marauder gone from EX, just waiting for TU

5/17  Maurader gone from TU.  See ya, don't let the door kick ya!

• Unique National Collection / Unique Management (library)  $160  $0 balance REMOVED 5/11/13

4/26  Paid OC & mailed DVCRR - Some threads say this CA will delete but only after a year from payment, other threads show people paying the OC then boom they are deleted, and others say it' according to the contract your library has with Unique, so I chose to go this route. We'll see what happens.  Worse case it stays until this time next year but hoping for better results with the DV.
    5/3    Wow, it worked!  Recd deletion letter dated 4/29 from Unique, that was quick. This was the only baddie I thought I couldnt delete before a years time, so this is great news!  Now to tap, tap, tap.... 

• AFNI / IC Systems (AT&T Uverse)  $440  REMOVED MARCH 2013

AFNI called me to collect before they reported and I set up a payment arrangement back before I knew about this wonderful forum;  they said they wouldnt report as long as i kept up with the arrangement.  My error was that I changed my due date with them and made pmt but they didn't have the due date change recorded so they reported anyway within days.  They would not PFD so I thought forget them.  I will work on my other credit baddies.  Down the road I called AT&T to see about paying direct and possibly they could pull from AFNI, but had trouble speaking to a rep live since it wa so old, although ATT would let me pay through recording.  I planned to do this the following week (pay by phone) and in the meantime IC Systems called to collect.  I said that's strange, I had a payment plan with AFNI and ATT refers me to AFNI, so just who are YOU?  They said it was a new account for them.  They said they won't report if I pay them and offered a 40% settlement - and still not report.  I said I would call ATT to see what the recording referred me to.  It was now referring me to IC System!  So I got everything from IC in writing same day, paid them and they have not reported to date.  In addition, AFNI suddenly disappeared form my report within days!  This gave me a 47 point boost in my score since it was pretty new.  Woo!  Done deal.  Paying bills never felt so good!  Smiley Very Happy

• IRS Tax Lien - Aug 2008  REMOVED JAN 2014

3/12/13  Mailed withdrawel request.  I've been on an installment agreement since last fall & sent in a Withdrawel Request to see what would happen without being on Direct Debit (this was suggested by an IRS rep).  Denied.  It said I had to be on DD to qualify for withdrawel.

4/24/13  Mailed DD agreement.  After my first payment I will send another request.  Although the requirement is 3, they didn't specify how many payments in the letter, and I read here on some thread that it worked for someone after their first payment.  Worst case, it will work after the 3rd payment, and be gone around end of summer.  

The good news:  My credit union ran my credit and advised me that the lien, although a public record it shows as current and not listed as a derogatory, and so due to this status she can tell I'm making payments and not neccessarily considered a negative (to my credit union anyway).  

9/19/13  Since my request back in April to be set up on direct deposit, I've received "your request has been delayed 45 days" letters 3 or 4 times.  The IRS said to give it 90 day and it's been 5 months.  This is, in turn, delaying my ability to have the lein removed.  I'm just a lowly tax payer, with zero rights. 

10/12/13  Finally recd the letter stating my direct debit will begin with this month's payment.  Then I'll wait until afer the first payment comes out by DD to request the lien withdrawel.  Sheesh!

10/30/13  Mailed withdrawel request - granted 12/27/13!!  Now to figure out how to remove...

1/2/14  Disputed via phone TU & faxed approval to withdraw to TU & EX

1/3/14  Disputed via online with EX

1/13/14  Faxed actual IRS form Withdrawal of Fed Tax Lien to EX & TU

1/15/14  Removed from TU!!  Still on Ex... should see disappear any day now...

1/16/14  Removed from EX!!  Done!!  Only took almost a year, lol.

So today, with the exception of the IRS, ALL MY BADDIES ARE PAID!!  Just a matter of deletions.  WOW.  What a feeling.  

UPDATE 1/16/14 IRS GONE!!  I am fini!  With $32k + in credit and in the Amex family even.  Time for me to nap.  Smiley Very Happy

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Re: My credit repair journey: AWA, Marauder, Unique, Union Bank, Enhanced Recovery, AFNI, IC Sys, IR

Unique deleted!  15x from payment to OC--  gone. 

What would you do with the deletion letter from just short of 60x ago that hasn't yet been deleted?  I'm referring to Enhanced Recovery above.  Would you forward that letter to EX, does that do any good? I understand that the CRA need to have instructions from the CA, so I dont see any good in forwarding.  Would you dispute?  I read people disputing, but its not really a dispute if you're just waiting for a deletion so what would the reason for dispute be...  What's the proper procedure?

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 2 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: My credit repair journey: AWA, Marauder, Unique, Union Bank, Enhanced Recovery, AFNI, IC Sys, IR

If you have the letter, go ahead and send it to the CRA.  They may remove it or just tell you they have to wait for the CA.  It certainly won't hurt to try.

Good luck and great job on your successes!

ETA:  I hope the OC takes Marauder to the bank!

Message 3 of 10
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

If you have the letter, go ahead and send it to the CRA.  They may remove it or just tell you they have to wait for the CA.  It certainly won't hurt to try.

Good luck and great job on your successes!

ETA:  I hope the OC takes Marauder to the bank!

Ha, cheers to that.  Thanks Guiness!

My Credit Repair Journey
Message 4 of 10
kroberts67
Established Contributor

AS OF TODAY, ALL COLLECTIONS GONE!!!!!!!   Ahhhhhh.  Smiley Very Happy

From sucky credit in the high 500's and a single fully utilized credit union card...  to a new Cap One and small stores cards...  and then to USAA awesomeness and a Macy's auto CLI from 800 to 2500...  from reading the boards past 3am when I work at 7 and having FICO dreams to PIF's and deletions and getting some sleep...  and learning about gardening and 2-9%...  I thank you Guiness, DaBear, -p, Lexie & everyone else here on these boards!  xox!

My Credit Repair Journey
Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 10
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Thanks!  Recd my new "image" Cap One card...  it's so pretty...  like a little graduation present to myself.  Smiley Very Happy

My Credit Repair Journey
Message 7 of 10
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

congrats on your progress.

Message 8 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

Thanks!  Recd my new "image" Cap One card...  it's so pretty...  like a little graduation present to myself.  Smiley Very Happy

Lol.  congrats!

Message 9 of 10
caligirl27

Congratulations- that's awesome!

Current (8.11.15) :My Fico EQ 683 TU 667 EX 679
Goals 740 + Across the board
What's in my wallet: Cap One Venture 10,000, Target 200, First Premier-closed, Victoria's Secret 1050, GM Cap One- 2,000, Walmart- 900
Starting: My Fico EQ 606 TU 656 EX 630
Goals 740 + Across the board
What's in my wallet: Cap One Venture 3500, Target 200, First Premier 700, Victoria's Secret 250
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.