My credit repair journey and needing advice

tag
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

My credit repair journey and needing advice

Started in March 2012

BAD

2 student loans in default

32 collections (almost all medical bills)

1 unidentified account reporting 120+ late (think it is a check my ex husband wrote)

5 Judgments

Good

2 student loan accounts paid in full

TODAY:

Bad

2 collections DOFD '08 & '10 (paying on them and will GW when paid off in June - they would not except a PFD - they are tied to judgement)

3 collections (GW phone called them today and they said YES)

1 collection (will age off July 1st)

1 unidentifiedable (I think it is ex husband bad check but it is reporting 120+ day late - will age off April 1st)

2 defaulted student loans (completed rehab waiting and waiting for loans to be picked up and updated)

1 judgement 5/2011  (tied to two collections mentioned above) (Except for Trans Union that still shows 3)

GOOD

1 secured VISA

2 paid off student loans

Just approved for Victoria Secret card

INQUIRIES

1 on each report

My frustration is in my score.  I had no score with Experian or Trans Union.  My credit union pulled Experian for my secured VISA and said I had no score but they could see all the negative.  MYFICO keeps telling me I have no Trans Union score when I try and pull it.

MyFICO started at 585 for Equifax.  Today I am at 589.  

I have paid off nearly $80,000 in medical bills for deletion.  I realize I started with a lot of collections but at what point will I see an increase in my credit score as they get deleted off?  I was able to get it up to 609 but it fell this month when I goofed up paying my VISA.  I have been using the secured VISA to pay my medical bills than pay it off.  I paid it off a day after it cut for reporting.  It is at a zero balance now but shows maxed out on this months credit reports.  I would hope to gain 20 points back next month with a lower balance.  I lost 15 points when one of my student loans that was duplicated was removed although it was a negative factor - it drastically changed my AAOA from 19.9 years to 11.9 years.  I know the Victoria Secret card will lower my AAOA again but it will give me a second revolving account reporting.  

What more can I do?  At what point will I see my scores starting to move up?  I am really hoping the new trade lines with the student loans will give me a nice bump.  The judgment and 2 of the collections will not be paid off until June or July ($9000 still owed on them) but I think I will have an excellent chance of going to the original creditor (hospital) and request that they have the collection agency remove the collections (collection agency and hospital confirmed this once they are paid).

Any advice is much appreciated!!!

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.