Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit repair story

tag
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

My credit repair story

So about January of this year I decided to use my extra money to pay debts, taxes and clean up my credit. My Fiance wants to buy a home and I love her to death so I am and was highly motivated. Problem? Around 500 fico scores. I don't think I've had any luck by simply disputing anything. Perhaps once or twice but almost all of my success has come from emails with stiff legal contents. When you see something strange regarding your credit report I leverage it to the max. I've got a few threads floating around, I can't say that I have the best strategy, a good strategy or even something that will work for you at all but today marks the last major baddie that I think I'm going to get removed. The only thing I have left on my credit file is 90 and 120 late from Sallie Mae back in 2006 and four 30 day lates on a Capital One Auto loan and Chex Systems from US Bank that I can't seem to get out of even though I've paid it all. I think in the last 6 months it would be safe to say I've increased 200 points or so.

Whats been removed:

US Bank CC CO and associated CA deleted

US Bank Reserve LOC TL with multiple 120's over a year Deleted

Tribute CC CO and associated CA deleted

HSBC/Helzberg CO updated to Paid as agreed

Westlake Financial Services Auto Loan removed negatives from TL

Portfolio Recovery Associates CA Deleted

Credit Protection Association CA Deleted

USA Auto CO Deleted

Everything except the tribute and us bank cc were done in the last 7 months.

My TransUnion is 720 or higher now and my EX/EQ should show exactly the same score as eachother but less than TU due to showing a 90/120 late on the SL that TU doesn't show.

Just gotta step it up, obsess over it. Never successfully got a PFD to work. Only thing I did was get letters stating that they wouldn't send me to collections if I paid. Gotta get email addresses! Thats my best advice. Who you contact is huge.

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

Re: My credit repair story

I was wondering if you could tell me how you did this so quickly?  My husband and I are trying to buy our first house, but when we were young and stupid we ruined our credit.  Mine is currently 470 and his is a 495.  The mortgage company we are going through told me to just start settling accounts and pay them off, that it would lower our scores for a month or two but it would start bouncing back after that.  We need a 640 for the mortgage to be approved on the house we want built (hubby is prior military and will get VA backing with a 640)  He also wants me to open two secured credit cards at our two credit unions where we have accounts to show good revolving credit (we have no credit cards accept for our military creditt card to the military exchange store) for the next 6 months i have between 1000 to 2000 in extra income coming in that i can put towards old debit.  We have a TON of negative/derog accounts that are all in collections or have been sold a couple of time over the past 6yrs.  the mortgage guy doesn't seem to think we can pull our score up within 9-12mo, but after reading your post i'm wondering if it is indeed possible???  I also am currently trying to get my student loans into a rehab (which i know will take 9-10 mo's to come off my credit report and will raise my score alone significantly)   There are two derogs on there that we indeed did pay and are in the process of getting a letter stating such and have disputed it with the CRA's.  there are about 20 bad things on there that need paid off and i think i can get them all paid off but not sure how to go about asking to have them deleted as you did? even if half were deleted off i think it woudl help significantly!  thanks for any insight!

Equifax: 470 ( Lender 7/11) 548 (USAA-7/10/13

Experian: 493 (Lender 7/11) ) 588-USAA 7/10/13

TU: starting- 461 (Lender 7/11), 553-USAA 7/10/13- 647 (Walmart 7/15/13)
Vantage Score: 678
GOAL: FICO 650-690 by 12/2013
Message 2 of 17
TheR105
Regular Contributor

Please pm me with the legal content you used. I need some new ideas. Thanks
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm interested in the verbiage used. I think writing letters and emails is my best option at this point. Just not sure what would motivate them to remove anything. Would you message me an example email for removing COs? Thanks. It is much appreciated. Need to buy home for my children and I.

Message 4 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

I im interested in your letters also. Trying to get a CO deleted.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! It is hard work but feels so rewarding when you see success!

Message 6 of 17
sambest1979
Established Member

Could you PM as well, thanks!
Message 7 of 17
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

Do you mind sending me those letters as well?

Starting Score: 06/2011 505 EX 523 Lender Pulled
Current Score: 08/2011 628 EX 575 Lender Pulled
11/14/2011 TU 584

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
***Closed on my home 05/18/2012***

Message 8 of 17
cf2701
Regular Contributor

Would you mind to please share any and all info/contacts you have with me as well? I know there has been many of us ask, and I truly appreciate the help!

BBVA Clearpoints $16,000 | Discover $13,900 | CECU Visa $10,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa Sig. $18,500 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PayPal CB MC $10,000 | Paypal Credit $10,000 | Card $7,500 | AMX Hilton Honors Ascend $2,000 | Wayfair $23,900 | Sportsmans Guide Visa $12,400 | Kohls $3,000 | Capital One Savor One $3,500 | PNC Cash Rewards $17,000 | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 | PenFed Gold $10,000 | Lowe's $20,000 | Best Buy Visa $4,000 | Home Depot $4,000 | NFCU Platinum $25,000
Message 9 of 17
mhp
Established Member

can you let me know what you did & what letters to send. I've been trying for two years now. Not working very well...

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.