Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit story

My credit story...
I'm going to post in this thread as I progress on this journey of rebuilding my credit..
To start I destroyed my credit at a very young age. I was getting ready to turn 18 when I got a AMEX pre approved offer in the mail.
I didn't know any better so I sent it in, and got a letter back said if I could prove my address the would approve me. So I mail them proof then about a month after my 18th birthday I received a AMEX gold card with a $5000 limit. Its 1997 I just turned 18 and I have a $5000 gold card in my pocket and no knowledge what so ever of what credit means to my future.
Needless to say that was the last credit line I was able to get from any creditor until recently..
So around 2009 I stumbled upon the myfico forums and have been climbing ever since.
These boards have meant the difference between simply put depression and hope!
With the help of this board and all the myfico members for sharing there knowledge, I have went from bad credit to no credit and now I am a proud owner of a 589 fico credit score.
I know its not much but for me it is such a joy, and again without the myFico forum I would be lost. There is so much misguided info out there.. That's why I love the forum there is a ton of good information and members are not afraid to call out misguided advice...
The main reason I made this post was just to say thank you to all the members and to share a little piece of my rebuilding story. 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
phamason
Established Member

Re: My credit story

Well,  your on your way  back it didn't happen  over night and it will not get fixed over night  just take your time. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.