cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit union scrrewed up big time and now it cost me 90 points on my credit report.

tag
scottedgell
New Visitor

My credit union scrrewed up big time and now it cost me 90 points on my credit report.

I have had excellent credit for a long time actually over 810 for over 2 years.

Last month my credit card was used inappropiately by Norton and the credit union was called on it.

The credit union closed that card and opened a new card for me saying everything should be fine. Wll it is not. They did report the other card as closed but did not show the new credit card on the credit report.

By not putting the card on the report I got a call saying, "There is no recent activity on your credit accounts" which is flat out wrong. Also, they are now saying "You have no activity from a non-mortgage loan." Finally, "No recent activity on you revolving accounts."

All three are wrong but my new active card was not sent to the credit reporting agencies and because of this they are saying I have used no credit when that is totally false. I have one active credit cared for a reason and have had so for years and until this happened yesterday NEVER had a problem. My balance is $21 on a $4000 credit limit.

I called the credit union when I was made aware of this and they gave me a whole runaround but have done nothing. My score went from a 810-713 overnight and until this, I have had ZERO negative items on my report and have had great credit. I have plans to buy a house in August and this will dramatically affect what interest ratre I am offered. For 30 years I have had great credit. One day my updated card does not get reported and this happens. This morning I got my new Equifax credit report and my updated card number is not on it.

The 810 score is not what bothers me.It is the fact that I have worked so hard over the years and now this happens when this is not in my control at all. Never missed a payent in 30 years for any credit account.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coterotie
Established Contributor

Re: My credit union scrrewed up big time and now it cost me 90 points on my credit report.

Credit score has no memory.  First statement drop on the "new" card will report the balance and likely look identical to the old reporting with just new numbers.  So unless you need to go this weekend to finance a car or something, this blip will never be known by anyone but you.

(even if you had to finance a car, the 713 would get you top tier rates, as would the 713 get you top tier rates on a mortgage)

@scottedgell wrote:

Last month my credit card was used inappropiately by Norton and the credit union was called on it.

The credit union closed that card and opened a new card for me saying everything should be fine. Wll it is not. They did report the other card as closed but did not show the new credit card on the credit report.

By not putting the card on the report I got a call saying, "There is no recent activity on your credit accounts" which is flat out wrong. Also, they are now saying "You have no activity from a non-mortgage loan." Finally, "No recent activity on you revolving accounts."

All three are wrong but my new active card was not sent to the credit reporting agencies and because of this they are saying I have used no credit when that is totally false. I have one active credit cared for a reason and have had so for years and until this happened yesterday NEVER had a problem. My balance is $21 on a $4000 credit limit.

I called the credit union when I was made aware of this and they gave me a whole runaround but have done nothing. My score went from a 810-713 overnight and until this, I have had ZERO negative items on my report and have had great credit. I have plans to buy a house in August and this will dramatically affect what interest ratre I am offered. For 30 years I have had great credit. One day my updated card does not get reported and this happens. This morning I got my new Equifax credit report and my updated card number is not on it.

The 810 score is not what bothers me.It is the fact that I have worked so hard over the years and now this happens when this is not in my control at all. Never missed a payent in 30 years for any credit account.

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My credit union scrrewed up big time and now it cost me 90 points on my credit report.

@coterotie wrote:

Credit score has no memory.  First statement drop on the "new" card will report the balance and likely look identical to the old reporting with just new numbers.  So unless you need to go this weekend to finance a car or something, this blip will never be known by anyone but you.

(even if you had to finance a car, the 713 would get you top tier rates, as would the 713 get you top tier rates on a mortgage) Actually it will not, you would need a 760 to achieve the best mortgage rates on conventional loans, this score may get you the best the VA & FHA have to offer though.

@scottedgell wrote:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.