Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My dream to own a house *** A miracle is needed***

tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: My dream to own a house *** A miracle is needed***

You need to find your state's SoL.  If you were to DV or PfD a collection without having the money available to PiF before SoL is expired, you could be causing yourself undue hassle.  Yes, that sentence was partly to get you acclimated to the abbreviations.

Also, you will probably want to go to optoutprescreen.com to opt out - it will help prevent CAs that aren't reporting from popping up because they see activity on your credit reports.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
andrew
Valued Member

The SOL in Ohio for credit card (open-end) debt is 4 years. The SOL is governed by 1302.98

here is the info I got according to

[Edited] 

Ohio

written contracts 15 years

oral agreements  6 years

promissory notes 15 years

Hello Andrew,

We're glad you found us and I'm sure you'll find the information and advice you need to answer all your questions but I had to remove the link you posted because it is not allowed per the forum's Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines. 

-Marinevietvet, myFICO moderator

Starting Score: eq503,tu517
Current Score: eq529,tu566
Goal Score: eq-650,tu650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
alleycat1975
Regular Contributor

Hey Andrew, I'm a buckeye also..

Those SOL's only apply to when they can sue you.  They will still park on your credit report for 7 years.   I have a guy trying to collect JUST NOW on an NSF check that was written in 2005.   Of course the question is since it was for goods on behalf of someone else, was the sale a contract (15 years) or is it just a plain old NSF Check (3years) ..  

But anyway, someone correct me if i'm wrong about that deffinition but its what i deduced from it.  

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.