Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My dumb question of the day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My dumb question of the day

So I seem to be firmly in the 9 month bracket for comenity cards cli. So does that mean 9 months of payments or just having the card for 9 months? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

Re: My dumb question of the day

To be honest, I think mine was within the first 9 mos.   I did a SP online and they increased it.   Just an FYI, if you get 1 increase from the website, try again for another, it's always worked for me.

Good luck..

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

no increases for me online or the robolady. I just need to know if I need to charge something every month or carry a balance or if they just need to sit in my wallet collecting leather dust.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't been able to get any increases on my or my wife's Comenity cards since I got the initial increase on our Overstock card. Now we have moved, so it's saying we aren't eligible at all. At least I'm assuming that is the reason. Oh well, time will fix it all.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I seem to be firmly in the 9 month bracket for comenity cards cli. So does that mean 9 months of payments or just having the card for 9 months? 

Ok, which Comenity cards are you talking about?

I have cards from Overstock, Sportmans Guide Visa, and Modells Visa.

I can get a CLI from Overstock every 31 days, starting at first month.  I do carry a small balance of about 150 because they keep offering me % off and ok deals and it seems to be on stuff I think I need.

For the other two Visa cards, I have to wait for the 6 month mark, and then every 4 after that.    

I dont think you have to carry a balance.  I do try to just make a small purchase just to nudge them and make them notice me like every 3 months, like 'Hey, here I am'.

hth

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

no increases for me online or the robolady. I just need to know if I need to charge something every month or carry a balance or if they just need to sit in my wallet collecting leather dust.

Look at it this way - what reason do they have for increasing your limit if the card is gathering dust in your wallet? Why did they issue you the card in the first place?

Message 6 of 9
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

I have 2 or 3 of these and they do give small CLI's.   I started with $300 and now am up to $1800 in one year.    YMMV.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used the cards and pif, and that didn't impress them. So now I'm carrying small balances til I get the statement. Just got denials again from overstock and vs. They want to see more payment history. So I guess I will just keep buying and paying.
Message 8 of 9
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

That is true, I found hitting the love button every 3 mos works.  Then after getting 1 increase, go back the following day and chances have been good to get a second bump.  YMMV, but that's the way its been for me.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.