Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My equifax is soooo much higher than my experian score

tag
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

My equifax is soooo much higher than my experian score

After getting approved for Capital One $30k auto loan at %12 I just discovered they used my experian score not equifax (service rep said they pull all 3) Only problem is my experian score is 540.... What is the best product or way to look at this and figure out why it's so low. When I ran myfico simulator it said pay off credit cards (I do monthly no carry over balance) and it would raise to 705 or so. I have $57 radiology that wasn't billed to my insurance in collections, how do I pay for delete (I don't mind paying) And how do I look at my experian scores and analyze improvement

Starting Score: 656
Current Score: 678 TU 08, 665 EQ MyFico, 698 EX PSECU
Goal Score: 7OO needed for Mortgage application

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: My equifax is soooo much higher than my experian score

@Student_Loans_Kill wrote:
After getting approved for Capital One $30k auto loan at %12 I just discovered they used my experian score not equifax (service rep said they pull all 3) Only problem is my experian score is 540.... What is the best product or way to look at this and figure out why it's so low. When I ran myfico simulator it said pay off credit cards (I do monthly no carry over balance) and it would raise to 705 or so. I have $57 radiology that wasn't billed to my insurance in collections, how do I pay for delete (I don't mind paying) And how do I look at my experian scores and analyze improvement

My EQ is the lowest score as well.  I'm sure someone here may have the answer but i can't figure that out. My guess is they compute their score in a different way.

Message 2 of 3
DiamondDan73
Regular Contributor

Re: My equifax is soooo much higher than my experian score

Join a credit union! I was offered 2.9% on a used car with the same credit score.

Started 11/2020 EQ 549 TU 580 EX 559
Currently 12/2020 EQ 541 TU 606 EX 576
2021 FICO Goal 680 on all 3
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.