cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experian score drop 16 points

tag
Ish

My experian score drop 16 points

My experian score drop 16 points due to 4 inquires but my UTl drop from 22pct to 14 and it's going to drop again once my credit card reports zero balance this month would I gain points back
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My experian score drop 16 points

@Ish wrote:
My experian score drop 16 points due to 4 inquires but my UTl drop from 22pct to 14 and it's going to drop again once my credit card reports zero balance this month would I gain points back

If you have 0 balances reporting on revolving CCs that scores at about 30% utilization, you want 1-9% of one cards CL to report to the CRA the rest reporting 0.

Message 2 of 6
Ish

So is that a badd or a good thing that my UTl is at 7pct on trans and 14 pct on ex and eq would I gain any points back from the inqs that reported
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Ish wrote:
So is that a badd or a good thing that my UTl is at 7pct on trans and 14 pct on ex and eq would I gain any points back from the inqs that reported

Good on TU if its on 1 card, the 14 on EX & EQ is not that bad but you should get it down below 10%. Yes you gain points back as your inquiries age, they only affect FICO for up to 1 year and if you actually got the cards you apped for you could get those points back when the new accounts report just depends on your overall profile.

Message 4 of 6
Ish

I only got approve for one cap one quick silver card but as far as points for experian how many would I get back for one month from dropping my UTl from 14 to 0 pct ?
Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Ish wrote:
I only got approve for one cap one quick silver card but as far as points for experian how many would I get back for one month from dropping my UTl from 14 to 0 pct ?

If you drop util to 0 from 14 you are not going to get any points back and possibly you may lose a few more, with all revolving CCs at 0 balance FICO scores it as if you were using 30% of your available credit. Its impossible to give you how many points you will get up or down, too many variables.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.