Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with Lexington so far

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience with Lexington so far

I know several people have posted their experiences with this law firm, and I am very well aware that they do nothing for me that I am not capable of doing for myself, however I started going back to school full time (in addition to maintaining my full time career job) and as silly as it sounds I don't have the mental time or energy to devote to contesting/correcting things.

Anyway, my buddy actually worked for Lexington Law for a few years (they are based here in my state) and after reading over many reviews on here and speaking with him (he was a paralegal and manager there) I decided to try them out as I do not have a huge number of baddies, but would like to clean up my reports as much as possible before going for my final spree later this year.

I signed up for their basic service on February 9th, and today February 15th they reported a collections removal from EX and EQ.

Initially, I had 1 tuition collection on all 3, 4 medical collections on all 3, and a court judgement on all 3 (though it showed up as a different entry on EQ than on TU and EX).

If this baddie actually stays off, I would say that is already a welcome surprise and worth the money I put into this.

I will report back as anything else happens/changes.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: My experience with Lexington so far

Collections are among the easiest things to get off your reports.  They are the low hanging fruit.  You could have done it yourself with a dispute online.

Late payments from the big guys like Chase, Citi, BofA are some of the hardest to remove.

That said, some people like to wash their own cars (I hate it) and some go to a car wash.  It's up to you.

Do be aware that once Lex Law disputes for a certain reason, you can't later go back and re-dispute for that reason even with new information.  They may deem it frivolous.

As long as you know the risks and rewards, it's up to you.

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

Collections are among the easiest things to get off your reports.  They are the low hanging fruit.  You could have done it yourself with a dispute online.

Late payments from the big guys like Chase, Citi, BofA are some of the hardest to remove.

That said, some people like to wash their own cars (I hate it) and some go to a car wash.  It's up to you.

Do be aware that once Lex Law disputes for a certain reason, you can't later go back and re-dispute for that reason even with new information.  They may deem it frivolous.

As long as you know the risks and rewards, it's up to you.

Yeah all that shows up are those collections and 1 paid judgement. I have no late payments reporting at all - but as you said I hate to wash my car.

I figured that since I am too busy to intelligently dispute these things, it was worth a try to have these guys do it for me - and the judgement is due to fall off at the end of the year anyway.

That one has been a bit of a curiosity to me though - it is from an old Washington Mutual Bank CC I defaulted on way back in I think 2005 or 2006, went to 1 collections company, then another I think... eventually in 2009 I received a letter from a court stating that a judgement against me had been made (I had long since moved from the address that WAMU and the debt collectors had, and had no idea that they had submitted anything to a court until this time).

All the baddies on my report have been paid in full years ago, but they are still really knocking down my score and making the last few lenders I want to get in with fearful so anything that can be done to clean them up is worth a shot I think.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to give an update now that i'm about to the 2 month mark.

During the first week a collection was removed from 2 reports, over the next month several more were removed from those same 2 reports, and this month they have been removed off the 3rd report.

All that's left is a 7 year old paid judgement so I may just cancel with these guys and start calling the bureaus asking for EE on that since it's due to fall off in Sept/Oct this year. It isn't reporting accurately but all 3 bureaus are being a PITA to correct it - still showing a balance even though I satisfied it in full almost as long ago as when it was created, and have the satisfaction of judgement from the court.

I'm still waiting for monthly free updates from my cards but from Feb/March ( I signed up Feb 9th) TU went up 80 points, EQ has gone up 30 points, and I'm still waiting to see EX - it went up about 30 points with 1 collection gone but I haven't seen with the other 3 gone. 

Final verdict is (as previously mentioned) they definitely don't do anything that you are not 100% able to do on your own, but I work full time and go to school full time so I didn't feel like I had enough mental energy to figure all the laws and procedures out so I feel like paying for their services for 2 months was absolutely worth it.

Message 4 of 24
torry590
Regular Contributor

Awesome that they worked out for you.  I used them in the past and they were helpful for me too until I could take over myself.  They are really good for when you are overwhelmed or have no time.   That is why I used them, I was overwhelmed, once they did they dirty work, I cancelled my subscription and handled the rest on my own. 

I like to think of credit rebuilding as "to each his own"  it really doesn't matter what works for someone else when you are doing what works for you.  We all have been there, and we all have our own stories about how we are rebuilding, but we all have a common goal, it isn't about which way is better to reach it, it is about doing what is right for you  to reach that goal.  

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I am in my first month with them. They have removed one item for me so far. I'm hoping for more results soon. I always get excited when I see an email from them. Everything of mine is paid off and settled. So I wouldn't think it would be to terribly hard for them to get them knocked off. Now I owed Verizon Wireless money and I paid the collection company. Would they be able to remove that hit on my report if I paid the collection company or am I just stuck with it.
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some collection agencies will bargain with you to remove the collection account from your reports if you pay it in full immediately. Search for PFD as I have no experience with that myself (pay for delete)
Message 7 of 24
Msflores408
Valued Member

I am in month 2 with Lexington. I also do not have the time to type of letters and follow up. With 4 kids and a full time job, not to mention a single parent, I just don't have the energy or desire so I hired Lexington.

First month, 1 collection removed. 2 month 3 student loan entries reporting as 120 days late. I do owe the student loan but the 4 entries for 1 account was killing me.

Next is AFNI collecting for Uverse. The Uverse collection is more than 7 years old but still being reported. After that there are a few minor things that need to be corrected and then I will cancel Lexington and start my PFD's.

Since I started with them I opened up a secured card with Citi for $500. My score has jumped up about 80 points. I'm on my way to 700. My goal is to be at 710 by the end of the year and get financed for a home loan.
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got an email today. Two collections were removed from my EQ credit report. Which is amazing! Slowly but surely they are coming off.  I'm in my second month now and three things have been removed. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another update, almost exactly at the 2 month mark today i received a letter from one of the bureaus indicating that they deleted my final negative item so that report is now finally clean!

This was extra good news because i applied for CSP and Freedom Unlimited last week and just tonight the application status changed to approved!
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.