Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first $1,000 limit!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first $1,000 limit!

I am now the proud owner of a $1,100 limit Overstock card! I know it probably seems sad to some that I'd be happy about this but it's a big moment for me Smiley Happy

I initially got approved for $500 one month ago. I immediately requested a CLI and got increased to $800. I bought a $99 rug I'd been wanting and paid it off yesterday. My 1st statement cut today and I figured I'd try for a CLI. Boom, instant approval of $1,100!

I have such a long way to go, and I'm realizing that I am the tortoise, not the hare, in this rebuilding journey. But I'm excited about this positive step forward!

Thank you for all the wonderful advice & support this forum provides!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My first $1,000 limit!

Ask them for one a day or 2 after every statement. Hubby has gotten one every month since he opened the account, all SP. His are always 200, but looks like yours might be 300. It makes a nice cushion for UTI when you are just starting.
Message 2 of 9
jbsea
Established Contributor

Congrats and good job!!! They will only give you a cli once every 30 days.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 3 of 9
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am now the proud owner of a $1,100 limit Overstock card! I know it probably seems sad to some that I'd be happy about this but it's a big moment for me Smiley Happy

I initially got approved for $500 one month ago. I immediately requested a CLI and got increased to $800. I bought a $99 rug I'd been wanting and paid it off yesterday. My 1st statement cut today and I figured I'd try for a CLI. Boom, instant approval of $1,100!

I have such a long way to go, and I'm realizing that I am the tortoise, not the hare, in this rebuilding journey. But I'm excited about this positive step forward!

Thank you for all the wonderful advice & support this forum provides!!

Must be nice, haha they only give me $100 at a time.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great! And remember the hare did NOT win the race. You are heading in the right direction!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome!  Congrats!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I couldn't remember if it was every 30 or 31 days, that why I said a day or 2 after the statement.   I figured it would probably cover whichever one it was.  Thank you for reminding me. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conrats!

The first 4 digit limit is always nice...keep working at it.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I get the $200 CLI every statement (if I initiate it) but will take what they give me...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.