Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first GW reply...Updated!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first GW reply...Updated!

Was a big fat negative! My car loan is through chase auto and I sent them a GW to 2 different addresses found on credit reports. I just briefly explained my credit collapse of 2011/2012 and asked for them to delete the lates based on the fact that I have been faithfully paying on time since then and that I am trying to rehab my credit. And they told me that my request was denied, and that no changes were made. Waaaaah!!! I'm so bummed, I thought I might have beginners luck. I don't think I have any more TLs to GW as most are just recently paid or not yet paid.

Update: Took advice (thanks gdale!) & inspiration (thanks mikelongggggg!), and emailed the CEO a GW with the same info...sincere, professional but not demanding or acting like it was owed to me. Later the same afternoon I received a voicemail from a representative at the EO saying that my case had been sent to them for review, if I had any questions I could contact them back, but that they had 7 days to review and respond. I logged into CK this morning and my FAKOs went up 20 ish points and so i started looking in all of the accounts and all of my lates were removed! I'm ecstatic...finally my car loan is back to a positive status Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Re: My first GW reply...

At least you got a response... I have yet to get responses hehe

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah! I definitely respected them for that they could have left me hanging. Maybe I can try again with them down the road
Message 3 of 18
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Keep sending them every 1-2 months & maybie they'll get tired of you & fix it just to get you to leave them alone. That's what I'll be doing! 😉

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought about doing that but I feel bad being annoying, I'm still their customer lol. Maybe I can change from autopay to mailing a check folded inside of a GW every month hahaha
Message 5 of 18
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

LOL!

Message 6 of 18
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Rather than sending the GW letter to just a main address where a frontline CSR will handle it, get the names of some executives -- the CEO, EVP of lending, and so forth and send letters to them.  You can find these people by entering Chase Auto Finance and LinkedIn.  I just did it and this shows 17 employees.  Send a GW letter to everyone with a title -- or even those without one.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/chase-auto-finance

Message 7 of 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would try the direct approach of calling someone in upper manaagement who has the discretion to grant exceptions.

Many creditors have uniform no-deletion policies passed down to underlings.

Simply taking the same path of sending to general addresses that will be processed by underlings is apt to give you the same result........

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

I would try the direct approach of calling someone in upper manaagement who has the discretion to grant exceptions.

Simply taking the same path of sending to general addresses that will be processed by underlings is apt to give you the same result........

i like that idea, thanks! Do you have a suggestion for which department I might call/ask for?

Message 9 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

i like that idea, thanks! Do you have a suggestion for which department I might call/ask for?

I would suggest the top dog the office of the CEO. You can Google for the corporate office address and his name.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.