Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first GW success

tag
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

My first GW success

I got my first GW success today, well partially. I sent off about 6 GW letters last week, today I checked my credit report and one of the CA's I sent a GW to deleted its TL off of my EX and EQ reports. I'm hoping it will be deleted from TU within the next few days.

Hopefully I will have success with the others, but I heard the other CAs are a lot tougher.

Succeeded
Credit Management LP (CMI) - Off of EQ/EX

Still Waiting
Crap 1
AFNI
Certified Recovery
Paragon Way
CACH LLC

v/r
James
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My first GW success

J -

I had some collections accounts with AFNI a few years ago.  I called them over and over until they removed them from my report - I kept getting refusals, and would hang up and call back - until I got this really nice guy who faxed me a letter signed by management to remove the debt.  They also pulled it from my reports.

I'm hoping you are able to get the same with your GW letter!

M
Message 2 of 8
catzcradle
New Contributor

Haha, I asked about this approach in another thread. So, annoying them might be the way to go if they refuse the GW letter?? At first I was thinking it might not help me to keep bothering them, but then again, their negative information is bothering me, so why shouldn't I return the favor?! Smiley Happy

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your GWs!

-Catz

06/20/08 TU 688 06/01/08 TU 657 EQ 670 EX 640

- Catz
12/01/09 TU 759 EQ 756

10/01/08 TU 697 EQ 659
07/05/08 TU 693 EQ 663 EX 711
06/01/08 TU 657 EQ 610 EX 670
Message 3 of 8
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

JShidell wrote:
I got my first GW success today, well partially. I sent off about 6 GW letters last week, today I checked my credit report and one of the CA's I sent a GW to deleted its TL off of my EX and EQ reports. I'm hoping it will be deleted from TU within the next few days.

Hopefully I will have success with the others, but I heard the other CAs are a lot tougher.

Succeeded
Credit Management LP (CMI) - Off of EQ/EX

Still Waiting
Crap 1
AFNI
Certified Recovery
Paragon Way
CACH LLC

v/r
James

Please post what (if any) sucess you have with CACH LLC.  I'd love to get them off of my report!
Message 4 of 8
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

Update

JShidell wrote:

Succeeded
Credit Management LP (CMI) - Off of EQ/EX/TU
Certified Recovery - Off of EQ/EX (Still awaiting TransUnion) as of July 3rd 2008.

Still Waiting
Crap 1
AFNI
Certified Recovery 
Paragon Way
CACH LLC
*New collections account - Asset Acceptance Smiley Sad

v/r
James

Message 5 of 8
lukeskywalker7
Established Member

Dear JShidell,

I am very happy for you.  I have heard alot about GW letters to the creditors and credit reporting agencies.   I would like to send one of these, but I do not know where to start are where to find a good link to one.  May I call upon you to help me with this?

Thank You
"It only takes a second to do something that you may regret for the rest of your life"

All the Best,
Luke
Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

JShidell, Congrats!

lukeskywalker7 wrote:
Dear JShidell,

I am very happy for you.  I have heard alot about GW letters to the creditors and credit reporting agencies.   I would like to send one of these, but I do not know where to start are where to find a good link to one.  May I call upon you to help me with this?

Thank You

There's no science to it at all. IMO, keep it short and sweet. Have fun with it.

Message Edited by llecs on 07-04-2008 11:45 AM
Message 7 of 8
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

Another update.

OSI Collect = Gone

This was an unpaid medical bill that I dv'd with OSI.  They sent a letter stating they closed this account in their office and they will delete from my credit reports Smiley Happy

Thats a total of 3 CA's that have been deleting off of DV's and GWs.

Alot more left to go.

v/r
James
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.