Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first GW victory (a commitment)

tag
DaveStPete
Established Member

My first GW victory (a commitment)

I'm new here and inspired by all of these success stories (and persistence stories, whether successful or not!).

So as I'm just starting my credit rebuilding this week after hitting some rocky patches last year, I decided to talk to the accounting office of a vacation plan installment payment where we had gotten 60 days behind for a couple of months early last fall, before meeting with a salesperson to upgrade our vacation plan. She had told us our two payments past due (total $428) would be rolled into the new finance agreement along with the upgrade fee, so we pulled the trigger on it, resulting in a lower monthly payment, which we have been current on since the first payment in Oct 2016.

However, the special arrangement to bring us current (rolling the 2 months past due into the new agreement) didn't seem to translate into their accounting department and they reported us 90 days for Sep 2016 before eventually posting an adjustment to our account (but not our credit report) and then showing us making current payments since Oct 2016.

I had a few minutes of friendly discussion with the accounting manager, including gently emphasizing that we felt we had been somewhat deceived by the salesperson, and that we would appreciate the removal of the 90-day report and any other adjustments she could do for us as a thank-you for upgrading our plan. I got a name, a callback number, and a verbal commitment that after our March 2017 payment has gone through on time, I can call her back and she will then make an adjustment to the reporting as a "one-time courtesy". Even if all we get from her is removal of the 90-day, it will have been worth it, and who knows... perhaps she will feel extra generous when I call back. Maybe I should send her flowers first? :-)

So that's a minor little victory today, and I'm feeling good that I decided to take action based on what I have read in your stories here!

Current FICO (11/10/17): EQ: 646 / TU: 679 / EX: 674
Starting FICO (2/19/17): EQ: 580 / TU: 620 / EX: 594
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My first GW victory (a commitment)

Way to GO DaveStPete, thanks for sharing.  Progress is always a victory.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.