Valued Contributor
Swapmeet

My first attempt at GW...

So I got an alert from myfico today that said that my score raised 17 points. This was due to a dispute that I faxed to EQ not too long ago because they had one of my rehabilitated loans still reported as a 120 collection and I emaile the Department of Education, who told me that it was my responsibility to dispute it if it was being reported inaccurately. So I started thinking to myself: "self, if that change can boost me up 17 points, just think of what would happen if I got these 3 other paid collections removed -- and if, by chance, I could talk ocwen into removing the tradeline from the short sale of my house 4 years ago." So I started writing GW letters. I sent one to each CA, and two to ocwen -- one general one to whom it may concern, and one directed to the Executive VP/CFO. Wish me luck! 700, here I come..I hope...lol.

My Wallet: WalMart: ||13.5k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||13k|| Amex Delta Gold: ||2k||; BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k||
Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k|| USAA World MC: ||13k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||10.5k||
Barlays Arrival World MC: ||10k||
Fico Scores: EQ 760 (SW),TU 757 (Walmart), EX 738 (myfico) Last app: Arrival World MC 2-1-14
Regular Contributor
eastexascout

Re: My first attempt at GW...

No worries....i just sent my first one today as well....

good luck to ya

"just trying to get my credit up..."

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+