Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first score increase!

tag
leahkline86
New Contributor

My first score increase!

So excited. We just started working on rebuilding. My scores are in the high 500's, and I had no credit cards. I now have a capital one card and was added as an AU to my husbands Visa card ($500 limit). The Visa card reported today to equifax and my score went from 596 to 608! So excited to see a movement and can't wait to see how all the other work we are doing will help as well. Once I get all three up a little bit, I will try to get 2 additional unsecured cards of my own.

Thank you to everyone who has given advice and seeing movement has given me hope for buying a house in the next 1.5-2 years.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My first score increase!

Congrats!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats and best of luck going forward!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 4 of 9
lindel
Frequent Contributor

Congrats
Fico Scores :03/12/2015 Equifax 565, Transunion 585, Experian 563
Current Fico Scores 12/15/2015 EQ 612, TU 645, EX 655
Kay Jewelers 4000/Barclays MC 1300/ Firestone1200/ Cap1 Quicksilver 2300/ NFCU nrewards secured 600/ Macys 600/ Walmart 3500/ Amazon 3500/ Cap 1 Journey 1050/ Kohls 300/ Banana Republic 3500/ Texaco 890/ BP 2000/ Jcrew 250/ Victoria Secrets 250/ Eddie Bauer 250/ Marisota 500/ SimplyBe 500/ Discount Tires 500/ Care Credit 1000/ American Eagle 150/ QVC 2000
Message 5 of 9
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the point gain!! Keep checking Capital One's preapproval on their website, you can have more than one card with them and you may be eligible for another one sooner than you think.

Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@leahkline86 wrote:
So excited. We just started working on rebuilding. My scores are in the high 500's, and I had no credit cards. I now have a capital one card and was added as an AU to my husbands Visa card ($500 limit). The Visa card reported today to equifax and my score went from 596 to 608! So excited to see a movement and can't wait to see how all the other work we are doing will help as well. Once I get all three up a little bit, I will try to get 2 additional unsecured cards of my own.

Thank you to everyone who has given advice and seeing movement has given me hope for buying a house in the next 1.5-2 years.

Grats to your success

Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 8 of 9
jbsea
Established Contributor

Congrats, this is where the addictions starts Smiley LOL

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.