cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My goodness...here's another one. I think I just sprouted another grey hair.

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My goodness...here's another one. I think I just sprouted another grey hair.

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW-just found out some more info. I started googling WCI collection agency in regards to the 2 CA's trying to collect on one account. Seems as though WCI is the same as ER solutions..I found this from someone who had posted on another site....

"I did some internet surfing and came up with a WCI Financial Services, same address (zip 98073) and a telephone number (425xxxxxxx). Called the number and it rings to ER Solutions.Hope this info helps..."
Can a CA use two different business names and collect on the same account? If ER solutions is also WCI financial services, why not just use one or the other????? Your thoughts?? As I was googling they use differnt addresses and zip codes but when you call the number it sends you to ER Solutions CA.

I have no idea about this. Sorry.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My goodness...here's another one. I think I just sprouted another grey hair.

I had that happen with Asset Acceptance. I called Asset Acceptance but ER solutions answered the phone. Made payment arrangments with ER Solutions, but it is updated as paid on my credit report under the ER Solutions name (I think my zero balance letter was on Asset Acceptance stationary too). I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with ER Solutions, but I've had the same weirdness.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow really??!! geeez, just one more thing the CA's can do to make us go nuts. I sent letters this morning to Equifax and Experian stating that two different CA are trying to collect on the same debt. We shall see what they have to say. At least maybe then they will update to the same CA so I know who to deal with.  Then I will work on a PFD. Did you offer a PFD to ER Solutions before you paid?

Message 13 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

My views.

This is not a simple issue.

First, there is no provision I am aware of in either the FCRA or the FDCPA that prohibits the inclusion in your credit report of more than one debt collector with prior debt collection status/activities on the same debt, so I don’t see that fact alone if two inclusions in your CR as being basis for a dispute of inaccurate credit reporting under the FCRA.

Second, a DV letter can just be ignored, providing they are willing to cease further collection activities until they choose to validate.  I would send the DV letters to each, but I would not stop there.

Since both of these debt collectors have posted to your credit report, that allows you to dispute their accuracy of reporting under the FCRA.  I would NOT dispute through the CRAs, but rather file a direct dispute with each.  Again, I would not use as the basis for the dispute the single fact that two debt collectors are reporting.  What I would use is the fact that both are reporting the same exact current information.  That may be inaccurate.

Both report the same debt of opening of credit reporting to the CRA (4/2010), and the same current debt owed to them ($542).

There is a possible explanation why both could now be accurately reporting the aame debt.  IF the OC sold the debt to WCI, then WCI can report it as theirs.  If WCI then retained ownership of the debt, but then assigned collection activities to ER, then both could possibly be reporting the debt, one as the owner, and the other as an authorized debt collector. 

Where that would seem to fall apart is the fact that both are reporting the same date of their collection activity under their collection reporting.  Not very likely.  However, even that is not impossible.  They dont have to report to the CRAs on the date they received ownereship of the debt, or received assigned collection authoriity.

WCI could have purchaed the debt, assigned it to ER, and later both reported these facts on the same date.  Since you say that there are coporate connections between the two, that couild be the case. Why would they not then just use one name?  Because each has its own corporate books.

FDCPA 803(6) defines the term "debt collector" as a party who collects debt owed to another party, and and includes a party who owns the debt to secure a debt collector that is their own internal agent, and give them debt collection authority, as long as the names of the parties do not imply that they are the same party.  Thus, WCI and ER.

I certainly suggest you send DV letters and direct dispute letters under FCRA 623(a)(a) to each, but I do see a possible, though unlikely, scenario, where this all could be totally accurate on their part.

Make them provide a plausible, and legtimate explanation.

One thing IS certain.  You only have the one debt.  So if you pay either one or the other, both must update the balance to $0.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.