Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My hatred for EQ grows!!

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

My hatred for EQ grows!!

Now EQ says the CA account is deleted but dispute is still pending because CA hasn't responded to dispute so EQ will not fully remove CA from CR. I tell them the reason for dispute was that i was informed by CA that it was deleted. I ask them if the CA deletes the file by eOscar (which they did) isn't that proof that i was right and shouldn't they remove the dispute and allow the CA to be fully deleted? Score is stuck in limbo.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Ralph1611
Established Member

Re: My hatred for EQ grows!!

Ahh yes. I hate them too. I have a dispute with them..well two... thanks to them. "I" am listed as an Authorized user on my grandmothers account....but thats some mistake, so I got myself off that account completely. The card is maxed out to the tune of 12K... none of that im resposible for, and yet its on my revolving balance. So Discover sent me a letter, affirming that I am removed from that account. So I faxed them this letter with the confirmation number from the dispute...and what do they do? Open another dispute of course. They dont care what the letter says. They dont care how much that is hurting my score, my ability to get a house, etc. Its a nightmare....

Was caught in two places... its a 12 year old account.........but its makes my Utiization 97%... 97%... thats what? 35% of what my score is based on?...the other 30% is payments..and im always on time...I coult have  a halfway decent score if it wasnt for this...

I feel your pain man.

Message 2 of 10
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

File FTC complaints and fax them the papers.

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 3 of 10
Ralph1611
Established Member

havent tried that...i heard that if you file with the FTC, they didnt go after indivudual complaints...

I already complained to the BBB today....started that process...... in the next 30 days.....im think ill take them to small claims court for "Failure to consider consumer provided documentation"...but I will need help from the forum...to take pieces from the FCRA to prove I have damages...

On the letters where I was denied it says this

Date the score was obtained: 05/07/12

The reasons for the score are:

1.LIMITED AGE OF CREDIT

2.APPLICANT(S) HAS LIMITED ACTIVE CREDIT

3.TOO MANY RECENT ACCOUNTS OR DEBTS ESTABLISHED

4.USE OF CREDIT

5.VERY RECENT INQUIRY

...can I bring up 3 and 4 as evidence?

Message 4 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 611(a) does NOT permit the CRA to extend the period for concluding their reinvestigation on the basis of lack of response from the furnisher.

The furnisher is required, under FCRA 623(b)(2), to respond back to the CRA within the CRA's reinvestigation period.  Their failure to have done so is not basis for the CRA to extend its reinvestigation period.

The CRA must report the results of its reinvestigation to the consumer within 5 days of expiration of the reinvestigation period.  FCRA 611(a)(6)(A).

FCRA 611(a)(5)(A) stipulates:

"Treatment of Unverified Information.

"If, after any reinvestigation under paragraph (1) of any information disputed by a consumer, an item of the information is found to be inaccurate or incomplete or cannot be verified, the consumer reporting agency shall-

(i) promptly delete that item of information from the file of the consumer, or modify that item of information, as appropriate, based on the results of the reinvestigation"

With no receipt of results from the furnisher, they would have no basis to determine how the information could be modified so as to make it accurate, thus compelling its deletion.

I would demand deletion based on the provisions of section 611(a)(5)(B) as being unverified within the prescribed period.

I would additionally send them an immediate MOV request under FCRA 611(a)(7),which requires response within 15 days, asking them to provide a description of the procedures they have used in their reinvestigation of your dispute.

Message 5 of 10
Ralph1611
Established Member

so should i give them and additoinal 15 days after the investigation is over before I ask for MOV?( i dont know what MOV means.)

Message 6 of 10
ceejx
Established Contributor

@Ralph1611 wrote:

( i dont know what MOV means.)

I didn't either, but I found this, http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/m-p/88458#U88458

MOV = Method of Validation

Message 7 of 10
Ralph1611
Established Member

thank you for htat seigex...gonna stick that on my wall..

Message 8 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

MOV is the acronym commonly used for "method of verification" of the procedure used by a CRA to conduct their reinvestigation of a dispute.

It entitles you to receive the name and address of all parties they consulted in their reinvestigation process.

The 15 days is the period after receipt of a request from the consumer for the CRA to respond.

Read FCRA 611(a)(6)(B)(iii) and FCRA 611(a)(7).

Message 9 of 10
melrobinson1
Valued Member

I have nightmares about them.
2012 - THE YEAR OF HOMEOWNERSHIP!
"Keeping my eye on the prize"
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.