Did you mean: 

My journey

tag
divedeep
Established Member

Re: My journey

@TRC_WA wrote:

@divedeep wrote:

This is pretty definitive proof that "current status" and/or certain comments do indeed affect your fico score. (since I've read a lot of conflicting information on that).

I know for a fact they do.

My current 677 EQ FICO score is accurate... last month I had 4 of my 5 student loan accounts mysteriously go from "current paid as agreed" to "0 balance included in Ch 13" which was obviously wrong.   My score dropped 6 points too.

I'm not sure why the accounts changed but I disputed and after 3 weeks the accounts were corrected and returned to current status.  I got the 6 points back.

Every little point counts.....of course those incorrect status' count even more on manual reviews! I wish I would have disputed those student loan tradelines 3 years ago when they first were reporting badly.

Today I got a 1 point bump from the Barclay TU. A point is a point! Smiley Happy

Amex BCP $3500 | NFCU Signature cashRewards $21,000 | NFCU NavCheck: $8000
Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclay's Carnival MC $6000 | Chase Amazon Visa $1500
Capital One Quicksilver $4000 | Best Buy Store $1000

Scores: SW EQ(7/20/14): 685 | MF EX(5/31/14): 687 | Barclay TU(7/23/14): 661
Message 11 of 15
divedeep
Established Member

Looks like everything has shaken out at this point. Scorewatch never alerted me to those other items I was waiting on, which was annoying. I also lost a few points after my NFCU card reported, but today received a Scorewatch and I'm up to 685 now. Not sure why I got the boost since no alert was triggered, but I'll take the points!

My student loan baddies from the default are all confirmed changed from "transferred to government" to "pays as agreed/closed". They still refuse to do a goodwill of the lates. It's a bit of a letdown, but it is what it is. If only the Dept of Ed hadn't sold the loans shortly before my default, things would be a lot different since people have much more luck with them and post-rehab GW's. Oh well, can't dwell.

I do expect another tiny boost after everything reports this month. Capital one reported a $3 balance last month, and should report $0 in a few days. It'll be interesting to see if that really gets me anything. My NFCU utilization is about 12% due to some hefty car repairs and a few smaller purchases. I'll have it <10% before the next statement cuts. The rest of my cards are all at $0 balances.

The 16 Experian disputes I put in (which were all legitimate disputes) have completed and the incorrect tradelines deleted. That put me up to 687 for EX.

Barclay hasn't updated my TU since the last one of 653. Not surprising since they don't update very often.

We are going to try and get a new house purchased earlier than I expected. The several gun shots we heard in the neighborhood a few weeks ago kind of sped up that plan. Seems to be happening more frequently lately - our neighborhood is getting worse everyday. Hopefully will be able to build one, but I'm not opposed to an existing home if we have to. We'll be chatting with a loan officer towards the middle to end of this month. I have no idea what my fico04 scores are, but hopefully not too much different. I'd love to find a lender that uses 08, since a 685 middle score would be nice.

My last big goal will be to get on board with Amex, but I'll need to wait on deciding the timing for that until at least after we close on a new mortgage. I'd feel more comfortable trying it after I'm above 700 - since I'll only want in on something I'd actually use,  and that would be a BCE/BCP. Anyway, neither here nor there until I get to that point.

I also need to figure out a second-round plan of attack on my other baddies, but that may wait until after we close as well.

I'll update again if anything changes.

Message 12 of 15
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Sounds like things are working out for you so far. I'm glad. I hope you can buy some land and build on it if you're financially capable of it! I always remember my grandfather telling me to buy land, not a home, then  the gov't can't buy it out from under you and leave you homeless. lol I have no idea about laws regarding that, but it always made sense to me growing up. Plus building your own home is desirable to most. Smiley Happy

I sincerely hope you hear no more gunshots or anything... We hear them occasionally but they are in the distance, so we're guessing they might be coming from a shooting range nearby. Sound can really travel far. We even hear the train sometimes, and that is quite a ways away!

Wishing more good luck to you. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 13 of 15
divedeep
Established Member

@xaiduz114 wrote:

Sounds like things are working out for you so far. I'm glad. I hope you can buy some land and build on it if you're financially capable of it! I always remember my grandfather telling me to buy land, not a home, then  the gov't can't buy it out from under you and leave you homeless. lol I have no idea about laws regarding that, but it always made sense to me growing up. Plus building your own home is desirable to most. Smiley Happy

I sincerely hope you hear no more gunshots or anything... We hear them occasionally but they are in the distance, so we're guessing they might be coming from a shooting range nearby. Sound can really travel far. We even hear the train sometimes, and that is quite a ways away!

Wishing more good luck to you. Smiley Happy

Thank you, I need all the luck I can get. Smiley Happy

They put in some low-income housing about a block from me, and while I appreciate the fact that many people need legitimate assistance at some point in their lives, some really shady people moved in over there. Cops are over there at least once a day. We now play "firework or gunshot". Not the kind of game I'd like my 15 year old to have to learn about though. ;-)

Message 14 of 15
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

I understand, people of all types take advantages when they can, especially shady folks. :/

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.