Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My last Baddies-UPDATE!!!!

tag
DaBears
Senior Contributor

My last Baddies-UPDATE!!!!

GE/CareCredit reported $496.00 charge-off to EQ and TU. However they reported $959.00 to Experian. Ge CareCredit sold the account to Portfolio Recovery. They have had the account since 1/25/2011. DoFD was 6/10  I can not wait for my attorney to come back from vacation in 2 weeks. I would like to get this last one handled by the middle of next week.

DaBears

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
_John_Doe
Contributor

Re: My last Baddies

GE sold mine to Portfolio as well. EQ shows the charge off amount as $1233 but EXP shows it as $2503. Not sure what TU has.

Why the difference? Who reports those numbers?

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ 709 EXP 702 TU 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 32
DaBears
Senior Contributor

THE OC does. Then the CA will report whatever the OC sold them at the time of sale.

Message 3 of 32
_John_Doe
Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

THE OC does. Then the CA will report whatever the OC sold them at the time of sale.

Thanks. So if the numbers come from the OC why the difference? Forgive the ignorance, learning as I go. Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ 709 EXP 702 TU 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 32
DaBears
Senior Contributor

No problem. Sometimes they add their fee's but in my case the OC messed up by listing two different charge off amounts. you can't charge off an account twice.

Message 5 of 32
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 6 of 32
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Give me a number, I'll threaten my usual"  I'll picket naked rant" and poof...magical things happen!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 32
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: My last Baddies-Advise needed Guiness, Shogun or Robert!!!!

Message 8 of 32
guiness56
Epic Contributor

When they reported the difference in balances, did they still own the account?  If so, they could still charge late fees, interest and all that good stuff. 

Were they reported at the same time?

Message 9 of 32
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.